1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jean Unblockable

Discussion in 'Jean' started by Lucky_GT, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

From any side turned situation if Jean lands a charged attack like [K] or [6][K] [+][G], [K][K] is guaranteed no matter what. I've tried blocking, mashing, struggling etc...

I'm 99% sure this is inescapable.

VFnumbers likes this.
  2. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

I have to ask, how are you landing a fully charged move on a side turned character?

3. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Do you mean 66P and then OM to side turned? I'm not sure but I think I saw you did that.

Btw Lucky, any good moves of Jean you suggest?? I have no idea where to start, just mash...

4. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

@KrsJin 66P just like Dennis said, it's +18 and all of your followups are counter hit no matter what when you use this move. Basically, that threat makes them not want to press buttons post 66P. On CH it's +28 so I'm wondering if I can get a guaranteed OM after CH 66P. The problem is he has just as damaging options if you try to avoid it...

Check out 1:32:00 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6EtuIzORJ0&feature=plcp

@Dennis Yeah, I've been using it all day against people and messing around with it. Outside of the essentials (P,2P, Elbow), I'd recommend 4K(+followups), 33P(+followups) and 66P.

VFnumbers likes this.
  5. Kiu

Kiu Member

6. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I just noticed the post 66P counter hit phenom last night, and was fooling w this move in Dojo trying to figure out why I was getting counter hit by 2KK after 66P hit when I was just holding G. So does the counter hit window last the 18/28 frames? or is it longer than that?

thanks!

7. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

So far I don't think there is any difference between NH and CH. I just assume they cause the same nitaku situation.

8. seyu

seyu Well-Known Member

PSN:
    volX
    Its not guaranteed after CH 66P. Just tested it. Also i dont think theres any way to escape it. I thought reversaly may work, but theres no chance to interrupt it(from the front its reveralable).

9. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Dennis, what I meant is how long is the window after 66P when all hits are counted as counter hits? is it 18 frames for normal hit 66P and 28 frames for Counter Hit 66P? For example, after 66P, if oppt ducks and Jean does 6K, it'll be counter hit, even though he's just holding 2, how long does this effect last?

10. takadox2

takadox2 New Member

another good way to do the unblockable setup is to hit with 4P on side CH. you can evade something and then input 4P if it lands as a CH the full charged P follow up will land as a side hit and you'll have enough advantage to do the KK follow up without the other player being unable to block.
    also 66P CH >OM> 5K full charged works, i mean, it lands as a side hit as well.
    be aware that they still can evade the charged attack, so while charging be ready to cancel in the circular follow up if you think they will try to evade

11. cmase1989

cmase1989 Well-Known Member

cool makes sense! a little risky to do but people generally tend to freeze up on sideturn and dont want to eat a huge side combo so setting up the unblockable is smart