1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeffery FS mixup option?

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by FightClubHuBBs, Jun 11, 2012.

1. FightClubHuBBs

FightClubHuBBs Well-Known Member

PSN:
    FightClubHuBBs
    XBL:
    FightClubHuBBs
    Okay so with the 2p+k~2p+g giving you a +8 advantage is there any possibility for a strong mixup game say after a juggle? Or is that not enough to help out seeing as jeffery does push his opponent far away after pick up?

2. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Here's what you want to do, use the ground throw and +8.

If they try and evade you can't throw since opponent is too far away so you use [K][+][G].

If they try and attack, even a 11f jab won't be fast enough for your knee and you will net a CH too.

If they just stand still then you can run up and throw or keep the pressure going with [P].

If they just crouch and hold guard you can run up for a low throw or use [3][K][+][G]. If they immediately go for a [2][P] run up low throw won't work anymore so just [3][K][+][G] or [6][6][P][P].

If they back dash, use long range moves like [3][3][P], [1][K][+][G] or [3][K][+][G].

There's lots of different options depending on what your opponent does. Your best bet is to see what his habits are after the ground throw and abuse it or even just in general if he evades a lot in disadvantage for example chances are he would in that situation too.

3. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    It's been a long time since this post,but I want to contribute anway. I feel like once you have a pretty decent feel for the opponents habits under pressure then raw threat stance after knockdowns or throws against an opponent that is getting up is a great way to open people up. The terrible thing about threat stance is that all the strings into it are obvious, but just initiating threat stance and making the opponent block it means that K cannot be interrupted.

4. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    All strings and moves into Threat are obvious in what way? That you can go into it after certain moves, like everybody else can with their stances? You don't need to do it every time, you can mix things up. Raw Threat on wakeup is also not a very wise idea as it's impossible to meaty on it's own and everything from the stance is too slow, meaning evade or a wakeup move can beat it. Also as I said in the Threat thread before, if you make the Threat slap guarded the opponent can't interrupt any Threat move with an attack, besides 6P and K+G with 2P or etc. as they're high, but they can ECD Threat K+G. Basic fuzzy guard is always useless against Threat, though.

5. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    I mean unless the opponent is sideturned then there is always the option to either interrupt threat stance with 2P or to duck under it and launch when it is used from his strings. The only string he has that ends in mid would be 4PK, and I've never been able to make that work as mix-up unless the opponent is near a wall given how slow and easily recognizable it is.

6. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    I'm still looking for a "best" option here myself. +8 should be great, it means 20 frame moves are frame-tight vs. [2][P], but being too far to land a throw immediately really weakens that threat. From a human psychology perspective I think most people realize they're at disadvantage here and will simply defend every time. If they evade by default you can use your evade beaters [4][P] (which on CH leads to advantaged threat stance or hit-confirmable damage, and if they block it you can still go for a throw mix-up thanks to the follow-up being mid) or [K] (knockdown at least, possible combo). If they tend to just guard/lazy TE then evade - offensive move could be really strong. Free sideturned shenanigans!

Threat stance is really good from the side btw, if they let you get there. They can't ECD out of your options anymore, even on block, so you get a fairly strong 3 way mix-up (stronger than Lau's sideturned mix-up IMO). (Threat) [K][+][G] even gives you +6 on guard here (instead of the normally +0) so you can go for side crumple with [4][P][+][K] or go back to your evade beaters (see above). Probably the safest option though would be to use [6][6][P][P] to get back in, which is nice, cause it will beat abare or backdash, and if they evade they have to respect the follow-up, so they end up in a throw mix-up either way. PLUS, if you throw both hits of the string it will be crouch dash fuzzyable on guard since you'll still be on their side. ...I'm getting really off track here, I guess I need to start a sideturned tech thread lol

Actually, thinking about all that, [6][6][P][P] is probably a good default option after the [2][P]+[G] ground throw anyway for similar reasons. I'm going to start defaulting to that, then go to OM if they show me they like to clam up and just guard.

Chefboy_OB likes this.
  7. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Unless your opponent is stupid/online warrior, I'd reckon like 90% of the time people will try to evade from +8 toward Jeff's stomach thinking that because his only full circular is slow as molasses they can ECD just it and because KP into a combo is more risky than 4P into Threat. So using this idea, the optimal moves to use from this situation would be 1K+G for a raw, safe launcher if they like to mash or you think they're going to guard, dash up throw if they like to sit still and not mash, or 4P~P+K+G if they like to evade (unless they're dumb/online as mentioned, then just KP into combo)