1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeffery's splash mountain hit throws

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by Siyko, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

What are the properties of Jeffery's [2]+[K] -> [2][3][6]+[P]+[G], and [K] [K] -> [2][3][6]+[P]+[G]? Are they guranteed on any type of hit? Does the second part count as a high throw, catch throw, hit throw, what?

Also, if anyone knows the changes (if any) to these in FT, that'd be great.

These moves have always intrigued me, and the damage is great, but I never understood the properties of them. Thanks!

2. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

I myself am not sure, but I think the [2][K] is a sort of catch throw. All I know is that I have obsereved that after you connect [2][K] you have to enter the command [2][3][6] for [2][3][6][P]+[G] for the throw to happen. After you enter[2][3][6] the opponent seems to crouch a little and gets caught in the throw. For the [K][K] I think it's after the second hit that you have to input [2][3][6] for [2][3][6][P]+[G] for the move to connect. Again I am not sure of this myself, but it is what I have observed when I have seen this move in use. Did you look in the Jeffry section of Character and Training in VFDC? If you didn't find anything then ask some Jeffry experts here.

3. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

I don't think that's what he's asking.

Essentially, he wants to know if the splash mountain is guaranteed. (or at least how long the other person must stand still)

And in my experience, if they crouch, it will hit them.

4. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

On counter hit it is guaranteed. On normal hit, if they only guard it is guaranteed. If they attack back then jeffry's throw attempt will fail. This can easily be tested in training mode.

5. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]

if they crouch, it will hit them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking of that when I was posting my reply, but it just didn't come to me. Good thing you mentioned it. Nice job. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif