1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeffrey Hell Stab Question

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by replicant, Mar 19, 2002.

1. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

Has Jeffrey's Middle Hell Stab been given any special properties?
    I decided to give Jeffrey a try yesterday (1st time since Vf3) and his MHS seems big in his game now. My friend was playing Lei Fei, Jacky, and Akira and Jeffrey was holding his own pretty good (I would say we were intermediate VF3 players). I seemed to get alot of MC's with his MHS and create some nice LT opportunities. It seems for a good LT game with Jeffrey his MHS and Hell Dunk Hammer (Force Crouch is nice ^_^) are key. Also, the MHS seemed to track during his evasions as well. Enlighten me before I have a new Jeffrey crutch my opponent will beat me with.

2. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

recently had a discussion on Jeffry in this forum.
    the hell stab actually has a slow execution time..slower than it seems. against fast punching characters like sarah or pai, you can easily become sitting duck for MCs.
    most ppl actually agree that d+P+K is a better move as its a few frames...think its 4 or 5 frames fast than the middle hell stab(f+P+K) and it forces crouch too.
    I actually like the f+P+K better..personally...although on paper...b+P+K is a better move.
    not sure about the tracking property for both moves though.

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

middle hell stab has some very nice properties:
    even tho it's slow, it avoids high punches and hits the opponent during execution/recovery.
    If it hits under any circumstands, it causes crumple. From there you have several easy combos, but I don't play jeffry so I don't know any. I know f,f+P, P works. So does a knee. You can also do a low throw. If it isn't escaped, you get a nice chunk of damage. It may be possible to do something like hell stab, headbutt, pounce.
    It doesn't track much, maybe it doesn't track at all.

4. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

i think the hell butt will not be able to connect as it hits high and execution take quite some time. the crumbling is pretty fast.
    most of the time, if i do connect the hell stab, i have to go for the low throw immediately(without hesitating) or i will miss the low throw. the crumbling is that fast.

5. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

just to add on..happen to be viewing some of Jeffry stats..realise that the head attack(b,f+P+K) hits middle not high...i guess i mix it up with the head butt throw.
    this move requires 19 frame for execution....not too bad. just 2 frames behind hell-dunk hammer(d+P+K) which is 17 frames....but faster than the hell stab(21 frames).
    after the hell stab, i'm quite sure that it not possible to connect a d+P+K, so i think the hell attack will not hit too.
    But i will try it out when i get my hands on the PS2...will post again if the combo does work out.
    Cheers