1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeffry Clan

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by Kamais_Ookin, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    It's time to do what I originally should have done a year ago, and that's make a Jeffry Clan. I send an open invitation to any Jeffry players that wish to join this clan, but I stress the words Jeffry player, unlike the previous Yoga thread that didn't really serve a purpose and basically anyone could join.

The purpose of this is to bring some life back to VF first and foremost, but more specifically give some motivation and drive to Jeffry players, because well, we can never have enough Jeffry's and who knows we might get some new Jeffry players out of this.

Here's how this works, I have room for about 7 to 8 people initially. In that list, each person will fight one another and depending on who wins and loses, that's where you will transition in the list. So, if you lose you go down the list and if you win you are higher up the list. At the end, we will see which Jeffry player is in the top of the list and it goes down from there. People who place highest in the list get first pick on what color they want for their name and it goes down in order. Also, if things go successfully over time then I might add in prizes out of my own pocket. When all the matches are completed, it will give time for people to improve afterward until which the next set of matches happen, say a month later for example. To give people a chance to come in the clan and not always have the same people in the list, if people in the clan lose and are the last two in the bottom twice in a row, they are kicked out to give other people a chance to join, but that doesn't mean they can never join again, they would just have to redeem themselves in the future.

I understand that lag can be an issue for some particular people and matches, but as we all know online isn't perfect and we have to make the best out of it, yes there is friendly competition involved but also the point is to have fun..... and have bragging rights too!

There isn't unlimited space so if you want to join hurry!

2. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    I like kittens. Care to join my clan?

3. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

You know... Jeff players could use something to do. Sign me up KO.

4. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

KO my connection with you was terrible, Sonic I never see online but wtf I'm game. (In about 2 weeks)

5. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

That's a good idea KO,
    but it looks like a little bit late doing this clan cuz most players stop showing up.

sign me up please~
    Thanks.

6. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I almost never play Jeff anymore but I'm game. be nice to get mirror matches all the time and learn new set ups, fix my outstanding and very glaring game mistakes.

Good idea, Kamais.

7. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    I hope i'm not too late for this! Sign me up. Jeffry forever!!!

8. Dennis0201

Now that's mariner's power!!!

9. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    i dont play jeff, but ill join, and ill learn and pick up jeffrey as well, if u dont mind.

wanted to support a fellow canadian

10. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

oh hells ya

11. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Alright, things are moving along a lot better then what I expected it to be at first!

There's still room for a couple more people, at the mean time I will start planning out when the matches will commence and it's format, hopefully this will turn out successful and be the first of many to come!

Thanks to all for joining thus far and supporting Jeffry and VF's scene as a whole. adamYUKI was quite the surprise to be honest but I'm glad he joined. If there are any questions about what's going on and such feel free to PM me, I will give another update once a few more people join.

Mackfactor: Since you want to pick up Jeffry I'll be more then happy to play some mirror to get you up to speed, and when your playing by yourself you can ask me questions i'll help you out whenever I can. [​IMG]

TWP: Some matches aren't going to be perfect connection wise, lets just cross our fingers that it will be playable!

12. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

YEs! Jeff is my other main!!!

13. Dennis0201

I apologize that cuz my connection might be the worst case....

14. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    The last time we played it was a decent connection; it was good enough. Nothing we can do about it though you know, just have to make the best out of the situation and have some fun, that's the number one priority for me.

15. TheWorstPlayer

I really don't care about the connection so much mate, afterall I don't frames for shit lol. I just like to play VF5 if you know what I mean. I'm coming off of almost a year of not playing so playing some Jeffs should give me a lil boost eh?

16. smb

smb Well-Known Member

i'm sad to see my name disappear from the yoga clan. But this is a great idea.

about 2 years ago there was a moderately formidable lei fei clan that did a lot for all involved, but do to the constraints of time and human nature, it slowly dissolved into nothingness.

like castles made of sand....metls into the see...eventually.

17. TheWorstPlayer

Fighting against you Lei Feis was one of my favorite highlights of playing VF5 Online. I have to say the character itself was part of it, but all of you had a little something about your play styles that I had to adjust to.

Good show that.

18. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    i can tell this is gonna get real gay real fast. I'm all for it! where do i sign?

19. TheWorstPlayer

Wow that was fast!

20. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    All you have to do to sign is saying you want to join which you did, your in Shirt, and I'm glad.

Sorry about that SMB but I just had to, it's been irking me, there's only so many times I can say YOGA before something snaps in my brain. [​IMG]