1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeffry Combos help

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by Trykt, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Combos for [P][K] CH have been uploaded. There are a number of redundant combos and I'm debating if I should post all of the ones I tested (like 40 different ones, lol)

A few notes for future investigation for 100% verification (but will likely get forgotten because I'm moving onto other things first):
    Delay [P] in open for these Characters: AO(?), VA, GO(?) there are most likely others
    Delay in closed for JN(?)
    Don't do [6_][P] for Pai (stance?) especially before doing [4][6][P]+[K]
    Do [6_][P] for Lau

Also Updated [4][6][P]+[K] combos

And [9][P], and [9][G][K].

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    Myke likes this.
  2. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Just in case someone wants to double check there are now 17 new combos in the [3][P][P] section, including the beginning of some experimentation on [3][P][P] > [1][K]+[G] on opponents that don't tech (i.e. situational/gimmicky).

Update:
    Threat PP combos finished and news flash: more headbutt bounds!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    adamYUKI and oneida like this.
  3. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    [1][P]+[K] (wall) [highly situational shit] and [4][1][2][3][6][P] combos completed. Feel free to test and improve upon my findings.

4. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Last update for the next 2 weeks, [1][P]+[K][P] combos, it will also need some edits on the older combos as they clearly do not work (namely dash Threat PP ones one heavier characters).

oneida likes this.
  5. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Made a few stealth edits in November, but added new [9][G][K] and [1][K][+][G] combos today. Lots more coming in the future.

Myke likes this.
  6. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Big update on [K] combos, which is now a section that is larger than all the Aoi/Sarah combos (seriously, it's been 7 years, get to work) because [K] is probably the most complicated launcher (series) in the game. "New" max damage combos (stuff I found in 2011), and lots of redundant combos, but found some cool shit that you never see JP Jeffs do because no one plays him.

I think I'm turning Jeff's combos into a stockpile of most everything that's possible, and if we're alive in the upcoming months, I'll either slim it down or write specific guides on the WIKI.

Edit: Added ST CH [2][K][+][G] section because it ought to be there.

Another edit: and ST CH [2][P][+][K] because it's not posted anywhere and it's a really good gamble.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Kruza and Myke like this.
  7. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Random updates (combos vs ST) and fixes, added a huge number of combos for [6][K] vs crouch (something happened to my notes on [3][3][P] vs crouch :(), add the much needed and ancient [3][P][+][K] [2][P] [2][P] <wall hit> [4][3][P][+][K] wall combos/ (and the relatively newer) [4][6][P][+][K] bound combos. (seriously, the utility of [4][6][P][+][K] never disappoints)

Also updated the Wiki for the movelists (just the notes and [P] section, but lots of new tech that hasn't been posted and rarely if never displayed in replays).

Oh and the [6][P][P] section.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  8. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Tons of random updates, including a number of max(?) damage combos for [6][K]/[3][3][P]/HCF[P][+][K].

Next updates will definitely be wall slumps (2-3 kinds: long distance [3][K] and similar, and next to the wall [4][P][K], Threat K probably falls into both depending on range), Threat [6][P], and various Nonbos (OTG combos, Stagger > [2][P][+][K] "launch"), and maybe mid air interrupts into combos.

So everything else is done, lemme know if you find anything wrong in my findings or something better.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Myke likes this.
  9. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    You are killing it, dude! I have one that is really situational Jacko and I saw in a JP video and were working on separately. Threat [6][P] [P][+][G], [3_][6][P] Threat [P][P], ender. We saw Chibitarou do it on Lei Fei CPU, I remember getting it to work once or twice but I can't remember if crouch dash is supposed to come out for a frame before the [P][P].

I'm going to try out some of the stuff you have been adding on, although I've been using some of those without knowing how to submit for wiki. Thanks again for all the work!

Sebo likes this.
  10. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants

Oh shit, that's sounds like a pain (but fun to do).

Also I've been updating the wiki bit by bit, so if there are other findings or corrections on those things let me know too.

11. I.M. Amazon

I.M. Amazon Member

PSN:
    TDR_Zunga
    Thread's old but I figure this can be shared here:

On the note of [2][P][+][K], its quirky stagger "launch" is quite handy for post-wall staggers versus Taka. It's one frame faster than the usual [3][K] splat (or [3][P][+][K] wall hit), and nets the same combo (for example, [4][3][P][+][K], [P], [2][1][4][P][+][K], [4][P][K], [6][6][K][+][G]) but does 5 more damage.

With other characters, you'd usually be doing [4][6][P][+][K], [4][P][K] instead (give or take a [P] before/after the headbutt), so it's less optimal--especially against Eileen/Blaze/Shun, who are too tiny to get hit properly (for them, you'd have to do [P][+][K][P], [2][K] for mediocre damage). Taka is uniquely vulnerable is this regard; the combo is oriented around size, not weight.

In conclusion, [2][P][+][K] can be good after wall-staggering since it's one frame faster than usual starters, making for ever-so-slightly more leniency on starting a wall combo, and it's a win-win versus Taka!

[4][4][P][+][G] EDIT:
    This throw's stagger can become lenient enough that the "Taka-only" follow-up to [2][P][+][K] works on anyone. But it's very distance dependent, so it's risky to try on people smaller than Wolf.
    On the other hand, a fairly practical route for [P][+][K] works here: transition to Threat [P][P] with your ender of choice. It can do more than [2][P][+][K] (depending on whether you can tag on extra jabs pre/post-headbutt).

Overall, there's a niche for both 15f post-staggers:
    [2][P][+][K] means more damage from the front versus Taka and from [4][4][P][+][G] with exact spacing (for all but Taka, who's more vulnerable).

[P][+][K],[P][+][K][+][G] means more damage from [4][4][P][+][G] if you're not in position for [2][P][+][K]'s optimal route, or if your opponent takes less damage from the headbutt combo.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    akai likes this.
  12. I.M. Amazon

I.M. Amazon Member

PSN:
    TDR_Zunga
    To separate this post from the wall business above:

Another useful option versus Taka is after [6][P][P]; the combo list doesn't suggest [3][P][+][K], which is slightly stronger than [2][P][+][K] or [1][K] (and worked with any footing in my tests). It loses the damage potential of [6][6][P][P] or beat-down trickery of [2][P][+][K], but it's easy and doesn't require any reactions.

beanboy likes this.