1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

jeffry for dummies

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by shadow_angel, Feb 9, 2003.

1. shadow_angel

shadow_angel Member

hi,
    i'm new to the board and the game and i've picked up jeffry.
    i've read most of the posts and the dojo but didn't get much out of it and i just want the basics and some good combos
    i know the game mechanics and notation so i'm not totally nieve.

(P.S. i might want to pick up another character but i don't want my play style to be messed up. acctually i would like the other character to improve my game.)

2. mindelixir

mindelixir Well-Known Member

Check Junky's Jungle or search for the Ultimate Combo thread, it's got pretty much every worthy jeff combo...

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

if you click on jeffry's name on the front page of this site, a little below is the jeffry dojo.

It's definitely a little out of date but Jeffry has (arguably) been one of the least changed characters, style wise, in the VF series. He still relies on forcing the opponent to guess between a f+K float combo or a throw... and using punches, low punches, and other key moves to set up that 50/50 guessing game. Hopefully that guide will help you out, and if you have any questions about using jeff on the PS2 or in Evo, do post them here (but try a search for for the answers first, cuz there are some jeffry threads in this forum).