1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeffry Mcwild needs your HELP!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Rodnutz, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I NEED INFO AND LOTS IF ANYONE CAN SUPPLY ME WITH SOME... I HAVE SEARCHED EVERYWHERE FOR SOME VIDEO'S OF JEFFRY IN ACTION BUT I CANT SEEM TO FIND ANY. WHAT'S THE DEAL? DOES ANYONE USE HIM OR NOT? JUST CURIOUS!!!! CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT BY POINTING ME IN THE DIRECTION WHERE I CAN GET SOME FOOTAGE OF THE BIG GUY IN ACTION. I WANT TO GET SOME IDEAS ON HOW TO LAY THE SMACK DOWN WITH HIM. ALSO DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HIS CHARGE MOVES FOR GUARD CRUSHES IS. IF HE EVEN HAS ANY. ANY I KNOW THIS HAS BEEN TALKED ABOUT BEFORE, AND I TRIED FINDING THE POST ABOUT IT, BUT I COULDNT FIND IT. ANYWAYS WHATS THE DEAL WITH QUICK ROLLING. GOOD AND BAD OF IT. I HEAR IF YOU FALL A CERTAIN WAY IT'S A BAD IDEA TO QUICK ROLL CAUSE YOU CAN GET HIT WHICH CAN CAUSE YOU TO HAVE YOUR BACK TO YOUR OPPENT IF THIS IS TRUE CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN OR TELL ME WHERE THE OLD POST IS THAT DOES SO. THANKS ALOT AND I HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING AS MUCH FUN AS I AM PLAYING THIS GAME ITS GREAT.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

AGHHHHHHH TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK FOR FUCKEMON'S SAKE%$@^@!
    okay...

... his guard breaking move is b,f,f+P+K I think, but I could be wrong.
    Lots of stuff on quick rolling, do a search for QR. Or quick roll.
    And yah it's true if you quick roll, you are crouched for a second, so they can anticipate the QR and try to low throw you just as you start it. Or else they can do a strong midlevel attack. So quick rolling can get you hurt.

Basic jeff moves to use are f+K (knee, knocks them into the air for a combo or u+P pounce)
    and all of his throws. You can practically win with just those two moves.
    As for movies, not many movies of Jeffry yet, he's not popular I guess. Bummer.
    Try reading any Jeffry FAQs for VF3 on www.gamefaqs.com ...
    good luck.

3. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

TRY THIS SITE:

www.tbzone.co.kr

THERE'S SOME VIDEO FOOTAGE OF JEFFREY MCWILD IN...*ahem*

There's some video footage of Jeffrey McWild in action. It's in the first Korean VF4 section. However, the videos come from the test version.

4. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Guess I should tell you a bit about Omaha Jeffery Creed, (just cause I think you might not know). He used to play here in NYC before heading out to Omaha and next to Adam he is probably the only other dedicated Jeffery player in VF3/tb. He particpated in many of the tournaments (NYG, Chicago, etc.) Hope the caps didnt throw you off, cause I guess you thought he was probably a newbie at the VF series.

CrewNYC

5. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

sorry i couldn't help myself i just had to laugh

rotfl

6. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Yes, i miss Omaha Jeffrey.
    He's the life of any gathering.
    Much respect for him/jason in Omaha.
    those caps merely reflect his joyfull personality. besides raping me sometimes in vf, he should be able to do the same to all of us.

later,

d+k+g-stino

7. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

I NEW WHO HE WAS AND I STILL THOUGHT HE DID A REALLY GUD IMPRESSHUN OF A DOWN"S TROLL TARD (like this). HARD 2 BLAME ANY1 FOR THINKNIG HE WAS A DOWN'S TROLL TARD, RILLY, ESPESHILLY SINSE THEY'RE ARE SO MANY ON THE BORED IN TEH 1ST PLACE.

8. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    How many of Creeds rules did you break so far with this post? (I suppose thats how you interpret it...)

CrewNYC

9. Mr. Bungle

I don't think I broke any guidelines. I made a valid point - anyone could have been fooled by the way it was originally written.

And read the guide (emphasis on "guide", not "rules"), and get the idea, already. Pay special attention to CreeD's response to Ice-9's posts. Feel free to print it out, roll it up, and violently cram it up your ass, you fucking troll asshole.

10. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    (I don't think I broke any guidelines.) How about a general guideline of kindness? Yes they could have been fooled so Creed wrote a nice reply pointing out some helpers, you wrote a reply just to poke fun at him, and even stranger you replied to me.

CrewNYC

11. Mr. Bungle

Amazing, aren't I? As for your "kindness guideline"...ugh. Bite me. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://virtuafighter.com/cgi-bin/versus/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=4510&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post4510>Civility is overrated.</A>

12. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    ...and GE is supposed to be right?

CrewNYC

13. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Its KNEW, not new :p

14. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Damn, if you'd like to get it bit, i don't see a problem with that. Mix in a little mexican hick-ness with some chi-town gang family background, and you get me who doesn't really give a sh*t when it comes down to biting ass or d*ck. ask anyone here.
    I agree, don't be cool with anyone else here, but damn with vets, there is some level playing field where you can point out wrongs without being a meanie.
    Oh, but wait, for some of us (not anyone on this board) the mask of the net lets one be who they want , yet in person someone else.
    Adam is one of those people, he's tough here, but in person he's the sweetest looking guy here. (actually i'm just trying to get closer to his girl).

Anyway,
    i guess I rambled on about biting some butt. Normally it is a bit more civil.

deep-stino

15. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Hmm...been playing with Jeffery for a short while, here is what I think.

db + pk or d + pk can connect with most of the low throws if you execute the throws immediately after connection. (ie. d + p + k then d, f + pkg)

the interesting part is about Jeffery's link throws. d + k (toe kick) can be linked with a d, df, f + pg (splash fountain). Personnally, I can't seem to get that to work. But d + k followed by df, df + pg seems to work....and seems to link. Anyone can clarify this?

Does anyone has a useful follow up after b, f + pk (Kenka something) then d + pg (devil's claw) which grabs the opponent up?
    In other words, I find no useful follow-ups for devil's claw......

16. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

RE: TKOD

I think the big difference is that if you use d/f,d/f+P+G it is escapable, whereas the QCF+P+G method is not (i.e. a true hit-throw). Was for VF3, at least.

17. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

d+K, splash mountain is a special combo that has to be done by pressing
    d+K (wait half a second)
    d, d/f, f + PKG - you roll the stick like doing a street fighter fireball.

b+K, splash mountain is just smooth looking, but not a special (canned) combo.

After the devil's claw, there is no guaranteed follow, but you have a very strong guessing game: knee or throw. To throw you do not need to move forward anymore. Just enter the throw and it will happen if the opponent tries to guard.
    This is shown in a movie where jeff does a pickup and then d+P+G.

As for b,f+P+K, that's his big headbutt still, isn't it?
    It causes the opponent's legs to kick up when the slam to the ground?
    If so, then you can do guaranteed damage afterwards. A pounce is easy, but you can also do b, d/f+P or d+K+G ... probably more. Try a kenka uppercut (d/f, d/f+P)
    .. good luck.

18. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

In VF3, if the opponent struggles correctly, Jeffry could even end up at a disadvantage after the pickup. The biggest use of the Devil Claw is to R.O., which I'm guessing isn't as useful in VF4 as a result of QR/TR. Rings are smaller though.

Also, going with Creed's post from above, throws have extra range, so the throw/attack guessing game is probably better for Jeffry in VF4 after a pickup.

19. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Sorry I made a mistake, I was referring to b ,f+P (Kenka hook)
    If it connects, the opponent crumbles to the ground. You can connect if you use f, f + P, P (Dashing elbow uppercut). How ever, while the opponent is erm..crumbling you can execute devil's claw to pick the guy up.

Devil's claw puts the opponent out of knee's range and throw's range........I think R.O is the only useful application.

For the hit throw (toe kick, splash fountain) I can't seem to get it to work....maybe it's my timing....anyone got it to work?

f + K+G (Heel drop) is a guard break move. I tried it on the CPU a couple times. If it hits(or breaks opponent's guard), a follow up with SF is possible.....wonders if it works vs human.

20. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

--For the hit throw (toe kick, splash fountain) I can't seem to get it to work....maybe it's my timing....anyone got it to work?

Yeah, I use it out here in Omaha every now and then just to throw folks off. Unfortunately, it seems like it's the the TB version, where moderately hard mashing will let you escape even a MC toe kick.

- f + K+G (Heel drop) is a guard break move. I tried it on the CPU a couple times. If it hits(or breaks opponent's guard), a follow up with SF is possible.....wonders if it works vs human.

No, generally it will not work against a human, since people tend to struggle a lot harder than the computer ever will, but it is worth trying every now and then, when people are expecting your hell stab or BAB.