1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeffry Mcwild needs your HELP!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Rodnutz, Oct 31, 2001.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Again, this may be a difference between your version of VF and other versions, but after devil's claw (d+P+G ground pickup) the opponent should NOT be too far away for your throw to connect. You definitely can make use of this in VF4 Version B. I can say this with 100% certainty because I have a movie here that shows jeffry doing ground pickup, then the d+P+G throw *without moving an inch* - if the opponent won't let you throw, meaning you know he will attack, try f+P+K or the b+P elbow drop.
    Check out this movie to see Jeffry doing a throw right afterward the pickup... it's towards the end.
    ftp://vf.dyndns.org/New%20TBZone/jeffry(shinz)_vs_akira(moonsuk)5.AVI

... the jeffry player frustrates the akira by picking him up four or five times in the last round. Not all of them lead into immediate knockdowns, but you can clearly see again how Jeffry can throw or attack immediately afterwards and force a nasty guessing game on the opponent.
    One last tip: if your opponent is struggling a lot try doing ground pickup, then d/f, D/F to crouch dash close. If you think they will dodge or guard, press P+G at the end of your pickup for the XPD (splash mountain).
    If you think they will attack, try the D/F+P uppercut at the end for a float combo.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Random Jeffry stuff.

Saw a move for the first time that I wasn't aware of,
    jeffry has a three hook combo, and apparently if the second hits (normally?) then a throw followup is guaranteed.
    I'm seeing left hook (hits), right hook (hits), XPD.
    The only times it seemed to fail are when the opponent entered d/f+P+G for the XPD escape.
    Other nastiness is that the old DE-stagger, uppercut (float) is really consistent now, and DE-upper is a nice follow to crumples.

I've also seen FC upper (butt stumble) and then m-FC upper (knockdown, but not really good enough for a float combo)...

When akira kid got an opponent with the d+P+G pickup near a wall, he followed with a kenka upper and it appeared guaranteed. Confirmations? Any nice combos that may come from this?

3. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Re: Random Jeffry stuff.

Thanks for the heads-up and the links.
    I noticed the problem already. I am using devil's claw with the opponent's face down, which does a surprise exchange kind of effect(one that I find useless). :p

I didn't get to watch the 2nd movie(shinz vs moonsuk) I think the server was down or something.....

Also, you mentioned a three hook combo...I don't think I know that either....anyone has the command list for it? Toe kick can be followed by a normal throw also...(when you screw up the d, df,f+P+G input) b+P+K, K seems like it can be followed up with XPD also...arghz. I need to find some opponents to try them out!!!!

By the way Nutlog, toe kick XPD (splash fountain?) is supposed to be a hit link throw and is inescapable if executed correctly...I did it once today. If the opponent manages to struggle away from the throw.....hmmm...I haven't had the chance to try it out with non-CPU.

4. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

It's been a hit-throw since VF1. The issue is that before the beefed up splash mountain comes out, an opponent can struggle, recover and get into a crouch before the throw comes out, causing it to miss. It's easy to do against a normal or mC toe-kick, but it seems that for MCs, like TB, you can still stuggle like mad and recover in time to crouch.

One of the SF3 guys out here that's now playing pisses me off the most, since now that he plays, he firmly believes in struggling between d/b and d/f (wiggling the stick between em). Done quickly enough, with the "new and improved" crouch dashing ease, he quite frequently will crouch dash (usually away it seems) before the splash mountain comes out.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

toe kick of doom is escapable, but it may be harder to escape if the toe kick major counters.

The three hook combo is (I think) d/f+P+K, P, P.

6. LittleWild

Will try out the 3 hooks thing. I guess it will come out the same as toe kick, df,df+P+G.
    I will test the wall pickup also.

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Will try out the 3 hooks thing. I guess it will come out the same as toe kick, df,df+P+G.

<hr></blockquote>

Just to be sure, did you catch the part about the toekick, XPD combo being a special combo?
    You have to do it with d, d/f, f+P+G ... like a street fighter fireball.
    so d+K, wait half a second, then d, d/f, f+P+G should work. It takes a few tries to find the timing. It's not a normal XPD (d/f, d/f+P+G). If you have any home versions of VF, it's in all home versions (VF 1, 2, and 3) except the command is d+K, d, d/f, f+PKG in VF1 or VF2.

8. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Um, if you're doing toe-kick, d/f,d/f+P+G, you're not doing the TKoD. It is specifically a QCF motion. They look pretty much identical, but the true TKoD has two advantages:

1) the throw in the real TKoD does about 20 more points of damage than the regular splash mountain

2) the throw is unescapable, whereas doing toe-kick, XPD, the opponent can escape the XPD still with d/f+P+G.

9. LittleWild

Yah I know the difference. TKoD uses the fireball kind of input and you have to wait 1/2 a sec before executing it.

But if the stun after toe kick is escapable by mad struggling....hmmm.

10. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

One of the SF3 guys out here that's now playing pisses me off the most, since now that he plays, he firmly believes in struggling between d/b and d/f (wiggling the stick between em). Done quickly enough, with the "new and improved" crouch dashing ease, he quite frequently will crouch dash (usually away it seems) before the splash mountain comes out.

Hmm... if you have an opponent that is capable of doing this regularly, punish him for it! Instead of throwing after the toe kick, follow him with a dashing elbow-upper cut. Or dash after him and low throw after hitting him with the toe kick. That's the kind of change in tactics that would get me excited as a player or spectator of a match.

11. LittleWild

Ok, got the time to try out the goods.
    Here's the result.

You can follow up with a kenka uppercut (confirmed) with DC(devil's claw) near the wall, catch is you have to buffer the 1st d/f during th DC anaimation.

The 3-hook combo has a throw followup if you stop at the second hook. (ie. first and second hook hits connects) followed by a throw. I tried using XPD, worked fine against CPU, unknown against human. Throw is escapbale as usual I guess.

And to answer my own original question on what you can do after a face-down pick up with kenka hook (b, f+P). You can buffer in a double fisted hammer(b, d/f +P) which is 100% hit as well. Tested against both CPU and human.

12. mindelixir

mindelixir Well-Known Member

OK. Finally. The double hook thing that you're talking about, it's d/f+pk, p...... then you can follow up with an Xpd. It's very smooth and a good trick assuming that your opponent knows of the third punch in the hook series and blocks. A low punch can stop jeff from getting the xpd as this series is not a hit throw and is counterable. The b, f, f +p move does not charge, contrary to Ice 9's jeff dojo guide. The b, f, f +pk does charge, but is nearly useless in high level play.

13. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

You do realize that these threads you're digging up are extremely old, and, not only that, pertain to Version B don't you?

But yeah, it's the b,f,f+P+K that charges, and no, it is not useless in high level play. Nothing you can abuse or even resort to frequently, but not completely useless. The move was talked about in some other thread, I'm sure you've found it.

14. mindelixir

mindelixir Well-Known Member

DIdn't realize it was version B, but for users new to the board using the search function (like me) possibly that clarification could help. How do you use the b, f, f+pk? I've tried to charge/time the hit to interupt at the end of a rising attack, but for the most part I can't seem to include it into Jeff play. I remember days of trying to use each move for rankings in vf2 ranking mode and when I play i try to vary style as much as possible. sorry about the version confusion... and a question... is it possible to combo into the charged b,f,f+pk from a wall float or other string setup?