1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jerky or sarah??

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by chucky, Sep 11, 2000.

1. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Hey everybody, i was just wondering who's you think is better- Jacky or sarah, i mean sarah got her speed and exellent mid hitting moves but few throws, but then again jacky got more power and more powerfull throws throws but is much slower, please send in your comments, cause i defently want to get serious with the bryants..

2. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

First of all, regarding to your subject line, it should be "Jacky" instead of "Jerky" :) Although sometimes I do feel Jacky jerky, LOL!

From what I have heard, Jacky is better than Sarah. He has many stinky p.... which can be followed by lots of choices mid, low attack or throw or just start over with p again. Plus Jacky has some bigger attacks than Sarah has.

My personal experience: one day I was playing against a player in arcade, I had a nice winning streak in the beginning (I used Kage) when he was using some characters other than Jacky. Then he switched to Jacky, I still pulled out a couple wins in the beginning (but I already found it difficult) then I started my losing streak. At one moment I knew I had to quit because according to the way I was losing there was no way I could win (plus I was mentally disinterested a little bit). However I kept playing with him for a couple more games for thanking him playing with me when he was losing. Then I left. Since then I did not have any more chances to play against a good player.... therefore I still don't know how to break Jackys' attack.

3. Gnug315

Gnug315 Well-Known Member

o_O

If you're talking VF3d (ob) like we have in the arcade here, there's no doubt whatsoever. IMO, Jacky shares the #1 spot along with Kage, Lau and possibly Akira (tho that's debatable as it largely depends on the players mad skillz more than the other characters do (reversals and such)). Sarah otoh is one of the clearly weaker characters, and, having but a few excellent moves and a host of crappy ones, extremely boring to play both with and against besides. Then again, Jacky is also pretty boring to play against. After having played him throughout VF2 and a year of VF3, I quit playing him because ppl complained how the guessing games were so much to his favor (elbow-delay blah etc), and I agreed with them. So did Ryan in London, who went from decimating everyone with Jacky in the first showdown to doing the same with Kage in the second (albit with slighty more difficulty, as there were a good deal more excellent players involved).

Altho I understand Jacky was toned down in the TB version, I'm guessing he's still easily superior to Sarah overall.

- Jan

PS. Hvad er det for et spørsmål? Keder man sig? :)

4. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

nah, just asking;)

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

But does this hold true in vf4?

6. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

It's too early to tell for VF4, but I see no reason to knock Jacky from his traditional top tier spot with Akira/Kage/Lau. Sarah's power historically depends on her elbow-knee: great in VF1, impressive in VF2, good in VF3ob, mediocre in VF3tb. In VF4, you don't need elbow-knee except as guaranteed damage (since elbow,G,DC works just fine for tricks), and she finally got a decent throw game (fallen angel, kick tornado, hit throws). And flamingo stance is a whole 'nother ball game /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

In VF4, it doesn't pay to play Sarah as "Jacky + floaters - throws", since she's got much more of a poking game and can actually go defensive if you're low on time. Flamingo stance is second only to Vanessa's MT in the options department, and the catch throws have lots of range (but still no power). While throws are a realistic option (since you've got PPu+P, you can stay in their face) the only damaging one is the b,f+P+G leg hold. Jacky, on the other hand, is a lot safer to use (he can usually throw out a backfist and cover himself), and is much easier to use (Sarah has to get a float going to do real damage, and many of her best ones are stance-dependent).

Who to pick? If you want to learn the game or just win with simplicity, stick with Jacky. If you're hankering for a little more style and a lot more mid-hitting moves, try Sarah.

7. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

bah! jerky is what he should really be called./versus/images/icons/wink.gif

8. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

Jerky is weak... Juz that element of surprise thats keeping him alive. I'm picking him up n maybe naming him Jerky for Kumite.

9. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Not weak, just cheap and boring.

10. Shadowdean

Hmm, after finally playing the game, I would say Jacky is top teir material, while Sarah is definatly near the bottom. Her poking game is OK, but after 2 or 3 kicks from flamingo she can be punched out of it and REALLY hurt.

11. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

Maybe its that shuffling feet and the animation after kickflip connects thats making him irritating/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

12. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Don't judge Sarah by how I was playing on Sunday... way too tired...

Flamingo is not a weakness... it's very much an asset IMHO.
    Simple mix-up:
    [FL]KKK
    [FL]KK --> kick tornado throw

Check out the advantage when any of the flamingo entry attacks hits... I get an evil smile just thinking about it... I didn't know it was so good...

b+K into flamingo for okizeme is turning out to be very promising.

I don't think I ever landed the [FL]f+K+G on Sunday. Most damaging combos out of that attack.

The only thing really hurting Sarah is her weight... way to easy to get big float combos on her.

13. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Lemon Lime? Hows the rank going? My Wolf isn't accurate of vs competition anymore.

14. Shadowdean

hehe, I know you were dead tired (and still beat my ass around with her!!!)
    It just seemed to me that its possible to punch her out of FL stance if you mash on P after the 2nd hit she lands??

15. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I left the memory card in the car... Shang beats me around 2 out of 3 times anyway and that's when I'm at my best... I'm still stuck with TMNT Sarah /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif I'll fix up some funky Sarah accessories once I get my own copy of VF4.

Shang's Aoi is named Britney... /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

16. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Yeah, she is totally defenseless in flamingo. It's very important to enter stance with initiative-- either by hitting with the flamingo entry attack or while the opponent is floating. The back flip makes pretty much any attack whiff, but she can be thrown out of the backflip as it starts.