1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jet Set Radio Future

Discussion in 'General' started by Yamcha, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Just thought this game deserves a little discussion. There's gotta be more than a few fans of the original on DC, and let me just say that in my humble opinion, you need to buy an XBox for this game (if you haven't already). My primary reason for getting an XBox was for this game, and now that I've played it I feel totally justified in doing so.

I'm sure a lot of people have read about the changes that have been made to JSRF's gameplay and are somewhat skeptical. I know I was. Even after playing the game for the first maybe half an hour, I was thinking "What the hell did they do?". But keep playing and the game really gets great. The game is sped up a great deal since you don't have to stop an do controller motions for large tags, and grinding surfaces and near infinite grinds are everywhere. Plus, outside of the normal stages where you have to tag certain points, each stage has certain challenges you can complete to get more graffiti souls, which leads to (as I understand) unlocking test runs for each stage where you can attempt to get a Jet rating. Smilebit's also seen it fit to throw in quite a few new gameplay elements as well, such as battling tanks, cops, and helicopters, and even a game that resembles Motorball from Gunnm. It doesn't hurt that the game usually runs at a smooth 60 fps and the soudtrack is as good as ever, more diversive than the first but still retaining the indie-alternative feel.

Definitely check it out if you have the chance.

2. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Aiiiiiiie, I love love love JSR, and I really want to play JSRF. Unforutnately I need to get XBox money first, and a PS2 has pretty much broken my bank for a while. <sniff> ;_;

3. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Do you have any JSRF music? I think the music is great, and I have the soundtrack of the first. The new multiplayer options are great, plus the character design is beautiful.

4. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Zero-Chan: Sorry to entice you like that /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif. But you'll have a great time with it once you get it.

Jerky: I have a few Guitar Vader tracks that are in the game, but other than that, not really. Time to fire up Morpheus....

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Ohh..I hope my friend with his xbox and a hdtv gets this game!!! I was a huge fan of the first JSR and I am dying to see how its latest incarnation is.

6. Haklong

Haklong Member

I have the game and I agree, it's a great game.

I beat it already and now I'm trying to get the rest of the hidden characters and tags.

7. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Here's what I've found in terms of mp3s so far:

For the U.S. OST, check out http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/233/guitar_vader.html

Even if you don't have the game, these are definitely worth a download.

8. Haklong

Haklong Member

I have every single song in MP3 format. I got it from the newsgroups. If you want it give me a place to upload and I'll be more than happy to.