1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Joystick Builder updated with TONS of info.

Discussion in 'Console' started by Catch22, Mar 6, 2003.

1. martialfanatic

martialfanatic Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Catch22 said:
    Afro- I'm working on including various VF images for the underlays... don't worry, it's coming. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. MechaShiva

MechaShiva Well-Known Member

yo creed, thats freakin slick, I would really take anything, if you have the time to make one!

3. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    CreeD said:
    Not to scale because I don't know what the scale should be. I guess I can consult the joystick builder site and come up with a guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, the only thing that matters is the scale of the button and stick layout. Creed, I didn't know you was the "artsy" type. Shouldn't you be on a Mac? /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyway, for those who don't know how to use an image editor- if you installed the "imaging" program found by clicking START->PROGRAMS->ACCESSORIES->IMAGING, the first step is to select the size of the image that's determined by your stick. Click FILE->NEW and there should be a "SIZE" tab on the end. Pick your scale. There's some basic tools in the toolbar (located on the bottom) and they pretty much explain themselves. The tool with the arrow on it is the OJECT selector. Use it to move around made text, boxes, and so on.

But really though, it's basic stuff. I'd download PhotoShop LE (www.adobe.com) or Photopaint (www.corel.com) and mess around with those programs. The Help tab in image editing programs explain alot. I'd check around some CRACKED sites to see if you can find cracked versions for those that don't wanna shell 100-400 dollars. Those that have a consience- if you are a student, usually that means big discounts when purchased as a student.

If you're on PHOTO-SHOP and want to try out some stuff, I can help you out.

4. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

I'm also a Photoshop nerd as well. /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif

5. MechaShiva

I think some nice slick underlays with Lei Fei or Lion would be the shit!!! mostly because haven't seen much art for them, mostly see akira, goh brad, jacky, sarah, lau on the sticks!
    also, Catch-22 can you give us an idea what the shipping is from sanwa???, every time I have been to the site, the order form is all jacked up so, I don't know what the hell is going on. I would really appreciate any help you can offer me, thx!!

6. Catch22

[ QUOTE ]
    schadevf4 said:
    also, Catch-22 can you give us an idea what the shipping is from sanwa???, every time I have been to the site, the order form is all jacked up so, I don't know what the hell is going on. I would really appreciate any help you can offer me, thx!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to the LINKS section.

7. MechaShiva

Thanks, I have gone to their site(sanwa) and every time I get to the order form, it goes from japanese words to totally indiscernable jibberish e.g. #@!&*^ etc. it's like I don't have the language pack, but I do, I don't get what the deal is. Thats why I asked about the shipping cost, because I can't tell on the site, and I am trying to figure out how much I need to set aside for the parts. If anyone can give me some ideas what the problem might be I would appreciate it!
    thanks again catch the site rocks /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

8. Robo_Ky

Robo_Ky New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    schadevf4 said:

Thanks, I have gone to their site(sanwa) and every time I get to the order form, it goes from japanese words to totally indiscernable jibberish e.g. #@!&*^ etc. it's like I don't have the language pack, but I do, I don't get what the deal is. Thats why I asked about the shipping cost, because I can't tell on the site, and I am trying to figure out how much I need to set aside for the parts. If anyone can give me some ideas what the problem might be I would appreciate it!

[/ QUOTE ]

You using IE? Try right clicking on the page and go to encoding on the menu, then choose one of the japanese options.

Anyone know where I can get hooked up with some high res pics of Vanesa to make some under lays with? All I can find are the wall papers from the official site, and... No, sir... I don't like it. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. Catch22

[ QUOTE ]
    schadevf4 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same problem with IE, the first time I tried ordering. So I tried it on the Mac with the Mac ver. of IE. Guess what, it's not jibberish, and then can be translated with a translator. God I love my Mac. But to get a shipping quote, you'll have to EMAIL THE SANWA REP.

My first order, shipping came out to $20 (3 stick sets), then the second order came to $40 (5 stick sets plus a whole bunch of buttons).

10. Catch22

edited!

11. Catch22

Oh yeah, I tried out some new graphics I've been working on.

The semester started today, and it'll be awhile till I can mess around again.

[​IMG]

I left out the logos so that you may crop, then add the logos, and the button and stick layout, so again, you may adjust their locations to your taste. The size is 1024x 768 and 72dpi. I should have upped the res to 96 dpi. The physical size is about 14 1/4 inches x 10 1/2 inches. It's pretty large, to take into account, again, adjustments for resampling and cropping.

12. MechaShiva

Thanks for your help, catch and robo, I finally got passed all of the jibberish, time to order me some sticks!
    and there was much rejoicing!

13. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

doh, I think that site was supposed to not be spread around. I dunno why feixaq posted it on his links section :/ It's supposed to be for the press. But of course they allow anonymous access so who knows, maybe they don't care. More than likely though it's an oversight.

In any case the stuff on there is indeed nice. I keep hitting it up hoping evo stuff will appear but it never does. I guess sega has someone else doing their evo stuff.

14. Catch22

took it off Creed...

15. Robo_Ky

Robo_Ky New Member

Sweet pic of Vanessa. DId ya make that yourself? If so, where'd ya get the source images?

In any case that'll be my wallpaper for a while. /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

16. Catch22

17. MechaShiva

Once again, a freakin slick, underlay!!! Lion is the shiz!
    Good work Catch /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

18. Catch22

Guess what? Another stick. This base was sitting around, painted, since Christmas... hence the quick build.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Ooooh...this one's purty. NICE JOB!

20. MechaShiva

One of the best ones yet, I would say, but I am pretty partial to anything kage, lion or akira, so eh what the hell do I know!!
    Nice work as usual Catch