1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Joystick Builder updated with TONS of info.

Discussion in 'Console' started by Catch22, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Wifebter

Wifebter Member

Nuby Stick

Depends How Its mounted. It has little to do with going from american To japanese if the mouting holes line up ok.. Just make sure you get a sanwa with the mounting plate. you might have to dremel out space for it but I think you'll be ok. I had to dremel out a pelican stick to get a sanwa stick in there. Its not hard

2. RandomHajile2

RandomHajile2 Well-Known Member

has anyone thought about upgrading the wires???

has anyone thought about upgrading the wires???

basic wires transmit electricity at around 50% the speed of light

so if you used NASA grade wire like Nordost Valhalla there should be an improvment as they are the fastest cable the public can buy, about 97% speed of light, but the thing is you have to be super rich to afford the $2000 a meter pair!

also, how about vapor plaiting the inside with copper, or even using coper foil to shield the joystick???

and a oversized ferrite clamp on the joypad socket will help also:)

just some thoughts...

3. Day67

Day67 Member

Re: has anyone thought about upgrading the wires???

I'd love to see those implemented. Now that's hardcore! /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    NASA grade

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah fellas, do this. Every 25th match you go to spod whereupon you & all your friends meet a fiery end.

Good idea Random!! /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. RandomHajile2

heres a picture of the sick cable!!!

[​IMG]

heres the cheepest i can find it http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...bayphotohosting

£700/over $1000! for 1 stinking meter!!!

but id use it on my hifi not my stick, unless i was rich!

its got 7 cores, so you would need like 2 meeters of it for the lead, and another meter of it to wire the buttons and sick inside, so your talking about $3grand minimum for the fastest stick in the world!!!

gives you no excuse:)

6. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

I don't know if you were being sarcastic, but graduating from an electronics school, with conviction I can say that using anything other that cheap, 'ol copper wire is going overboard. Way overboard.

ANYWAYS, here's some news, I FINALLY UPDATED the JOYSTICK BUILDER!. It's finally back online. Too lazy to fix the grammatical errors and forgot to ad the things I was supposed to add quite some time ago.

Here's the new address: http://mysite.verizon.net/res8l8d9/joystick_builder/index.htm

7. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Hey Catch, I read on your page you were looking for Sanwa sticks, if this is still the case Himura Amusements sells some (and buttons etc.)

http://www.himuragames.com/store_joysticks.php

8. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

9. RandomHajile2

[ QUOTE ]
    Catch22 said:

I don't know if you were being sarcastic, but graduating from an electronics school, with conviction I can say that using anything other that cheap, 'ol copper wire is going overboard. Way overboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was serrious! anyways as you say ur a grad well you should know that silver is faster then copper! 2wice as fast in fact!

10. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

The link doesn't work anymore.

11. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

12. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm alive... but I'm going half crazy.

And yes, I don't make joysticks anymore.

13. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

/versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    It's been a while man. You need to make your triumphant return for VF5. It's time!

14. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Man I hope you make some guides for PS3 sticks soon cause it looks like I'll need them. /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif

15. NotANoob81

NotANoob81 Member

Does anyone still have Catch22's plans? I'd love to have it.

16. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin

It's been 3 years for goodness sakes the mans probably been cremated by now, but who knows maybe someone who was affiliated with him is still snooping around.

17. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: has anyone thought about upgrading the wires??

NotANoob81, try The Internet Archive: Wayback Machine (http://www.archive.org/web/web.php) if you're looking for old web pages that no longer exist. Just enter the URL of interest and away you go.

I've noticed they have most of Catch22's stuff archived as early as 2004. Good luck finding what you need.

As for this...

Here we fucking go again. Kamais fucking Ookin budding into business that's not his own. You've added nothing of value to this thread.

There's nothing wrong with NotANoob81's request to see if someone has Joystick Building material that used to exist. Posting in an existing thread is both appropriate and acceptable.

You defiling this thread is neither.

Next time you think about posting like this again, don't.

p.s. do not reply

18. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

That's really handy, wish I knew this before now [​IMG]

19. FcoBenitez

FcoBenitez Well-Known Member

Sadly only the homepage works with archive.org in this case [​IMG]

edit: anyway, if somebody still doesnt know this site, www.slagcoin.com is THE site when you're looking for custom arcade sticks info.

i would like to see more VF related sticks anyway [​IMG] if you have one, please upload to www.joystickvault.com!

20. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623