1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Joystick?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Oct 23, 1999.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I want to get a DC joystick. Is there a good joystick out? It is it better to play VF3with than the controller?
    Are moves easier?
    Thanks

<font color=green>Dealer</font color=green>
    --------wants to learn the new characters---------

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The joystick is far better in the long run--not only will it allow you to have faster reflexes, but you can also carry your game into the arcade. I have heard bad things about the Interact joystick. The one that I own is the ASCII version, or the version produced by Agetec in the U.S. It is not the best stick ever made, but it quite sufficient once you get used to it and will provide a good barometer for the arcade.

ice-9 | Sennin

3. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Highly recommended by most...

I would highly recommend purchasing a stick.

Sure, it's *possible* to play VF3tb wit ha controler, it is most definitely more pleasant to play with a stick. Furthermore, I assure that your skill level will increase at a far greater rate with a stick than on a controller.

Which stick should you buy? Well, the official one (i think AgeTec makes it) is good and most widely used by those who imported their DC from Japan a while back. I've seen pictures of another one that has what looks to be an aluminum base but I jhave yet to try it. Personally, I use sticks that were build from actual arcade parts. Kbcat built them for VF2 (Saturn) and I recently converted them to Dreamcast. I love the real arcade feel and solidness of my custom sticks - but it's all personal preference, really.

Cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Also, and this is for everyone--if using the joystick, be sure to map the buttons this way:
    <pre><font face=courier>
    P K E
    | | |
    O O O O O O
    O or on the joystick G -O O O
    || | |
    G P K E

</font>
    </pre>

This is the standard in the arcades.

I would not recommend using shortcuts (i.e. a button for P+G) if you truly want to master the game. After a while, using combinations is much faster than using shortcuts. At high levels of play, you simply must not use shortcuts in order to pull off G-cancel escapes and Akira's knee.

ice-9 | Sennin

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Ice-9 "I have heard bad things about the Interact Stick"

Ice-9, my main mans, what have you heard bad about the Interact Alloy Arcade Stick? It looks very much like any real arcade stick and also has a great button layout. I believe it shall be execellent for VF and other fighters as well. Definately on my must buy list.

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: Ice-9 "I have heard bad things about the Interact Stick"

The Interact is the shiny alloy stick right? Various posters at <a href=http://virtuafighter.com/blast/>Blast City</a> have given very negative feedback about that stick. I myself have never tried it.

ice-9 | Sennin

7. Guest

Guest Guest

So the ascii stick is good?

Basically, I really want this stick. But does it feel cheap? How heavy is it?
    I found it at EBworld for $49.99. Is that a good price?

Also, on EBworld, where most things say "24 hour shipping", this one said "low availibility." Should I steer clear or set the process in motion?

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: So the ascii stick is good?

Personally, I would never buy a stick without trying it out for myself. Even if I've played with a version of the stick before.

For example, even though I already owned an ASCII stick, when I bought my second stick, I insisted on trying it out.

ice-9 | Sennin

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks Ice-9, but that's a luxury I don't have. The stores in my area don't have any arcade sticks in. What price do you think is considered "fair"
    Plus, I know I should play with it to see if "I" like it, but if you had to give a review for "your" playing styles and preferences, How would you rate the stick? This question is to everyone as well.
    Thanks for your feedback!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I paid $60 for my agetec stick, but i when i saw sugg retail was $50, i got mad

P.S. i like the stick very much