1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

JP game mag editors 3 on 3 movie #1

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Zero-chan, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Here ya go, folks...
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.sega-am2.co.jp/VF4PS2/topics/mpg/0426.mpg>http://www.sega-am2.co.jp/VF4PS2/topics/mpg/0426.mpg</a>
    Arcadia editors going up against guys from The Playstation. The first Jacky from tP takes out Wolfie, Bun Bun, AND Kyasao. Yikes.
    Also, at the end, it says that someone became the rank of "kamisama" (god).
    More info later, gotta run to class...

2. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Bun Bun and Kyasao actually made a fight of it but Wolfie just got smashed. Jacky player is sick. Yomi skill is in full effect here. What is this dudes name?

3. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: JP Mag mpeg of ShinZJacky

my guess. "ShinZ Step" at end of round three in first fight IDs Jacky as ShinZ. I sent an email to <font color=blue>AM2 Team</font color=blue> asking who the Jacky player is a few minutes ago. 0034 says it is "arashi".

4. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Re: JP Mag mpeg of ShinZJacky

cool stuff

5. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

<font color=yellow>Great find, Zero-chan! Whoever's playing Jacky (ShinZ?) definitely is working that step move pretty heavy...What's with the "God" ranking?</font color=yellow>

6. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

iie, chigaimasu~

The Jacky player is under the ring name "Arashi". The other two people on the team (who we didn't see) were called Masque du Hijitetsu (another Jacky) and Goro 2000sai (Pai). It's highly doubtful that it would be ShinZ because this is a competition between well-known Japanese magazine editors. Probably just ShinZ's influence.

This is apparently the finals match of the tournament.
    There were 6 groups of magazine editors competing:
    Arcadia
    The Playstation
    Dengeki-ou
    Dengeki PS
    DoriMaga (the former Dreamcast magazine, now just a general Sega mag)
    Famitsu

All matches were played on the PS2 version with VF4 sticks. the winning team got the rank of "kami-sama."

I'd like to see some of the earlier matches, too...

7. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Re: iie, chigaimasu~

Pretty low level play compared to some of the movies weve seen of the better players .

8. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

thx. "arashi" does several nice throw escapes!

9. J_Chuang

J_Chuang Well-Known Member

Low lvl play?! man you must be really good yourself heh.

10. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Like I said, compared to the stuff we see from the champs .
    Hell ill be happy if I myself reach that level this year .
    The Jacky player was good tough .

11. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Heh, all the players mentioned are High Kings in the PS2 version...
    Cool stuff. Thanx Zero.

12. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

nice play, nice find, nice vid... i'm actually impressed.

13. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

One other thing -- VF4 is giving away a 'special' rank to three other people. That's on a lotto though, not tournament winner. Not sure what it'll be yet, but would love to have it.

That's for the arcade version, not PS2, btw.

14. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

..what rank is above God? [lightning flash]

15. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

I'm downloading this vid and with all your enthusiam really looking forward to it, heh. Fookers, you guys should do commercials./versus/images/icons/cool.gif

-<font color=white>R<font color=red>.</font color=red>I<font color=red>.</font color=red>Z<font color=red>.</font color=red></font color=white>

16. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

Dood, that guy was hella good. Good combos and such, he was hella fast and to get out of them throws like that shows mad skizzles.

Show more! >_<

-<font color=white>R<font color=red>.</font color=red>I<font color=red>.</font color=red>Z<font color=red>.</font color=red></font color=white>

17. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

http://www.beat-tribe.com/vfr/2002bay/index.html

For those who are interested in checking out how Arashi looks in real life..that way, u'll know u're playing against him if u're ever in Japan kekekeke

Incidentally, he always looks like he's half asleep when he's playing..n mukky looks like he's always in deep stress whenever he's playing lol.

Arashi belongs to a really famous n skillful clan in Japan...other famous teamates are players such as Goro2000(Pai player that took down Mask in an amazing comeback in the 2nd BT tournament), mukky(Akira), hakusyon[Lau] all part of the same clan.