1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Just <3 VF4

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by BK__, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Shoju, this was back in 2006 when I was in Germany for the World Cup. I stopped over in London for a couple of days and met the boys one night for some VF. There was a thread on VFDC about it for sure.

Anyway, BK, thanks for posting these -- good memories indeed!

2. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

3. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

4. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

whoresome! - plus i think you got the matches i lost.

5. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

These videos are awesome, thanks!

6. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

loving the videos dude! good job

7. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

8. SgtJigglebelly

SgtJigglebelly New Member

wow, this is really great stuff, watching all and subscribing

btw hi all, i'm kinda new :p

9. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

10. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

Here are some old clips from the KSII tournament right before VF4:EVO got its consoles release on the PS2. I remember everyone being in #vfhome and rooting for or against MinamiAkira, who came out of nowhere (at least that's how I remember it) and rose to VF greatness! Ogi has all of Minami's fine work at KSII and OH3 uploaded at his channel already.

KSII was, I believe, the first big national VF tournament to be streamed online by Sega. The stream was really good quality and it was an amazing thing to be able to watch the best Japanese players go at it live over the internet over six years ago.

So with that being said, I have uploaded three videos that I didn't see on YouTube yet that are a good part of Virtua Fighter history. They all come from the KSII national tournament event.

When VF4 came out it was a huge hit in not only Japan but in South Korea as well in the arcades. So Sega invited the two best Korean players over for some exhibition matches during the event. A year or so later, some of the best Japanese players would travel to South Korea, and take on South Korea's best on a video game TV show (anyone got that footage?).

Shinz (Kage, Akira) vs POS Akira (Akira, Kage)

This video comes from a time when Sega really loved consoles. So much that they promoted the PS2 release of VF4:EVO by coinciding it with the 10th anniversary of VF. So they created this special game and debuted it during the big KSII tournament. Notice the PS2 VF4:EVO branded sticks that they are using.

Virtua Fighter 10th Anniversary Edition Exhibition

This is the trailer for KSII. Not exactly thrilling stuff but it's neat for people who got into VF only during VF5 and later and never saw this video.

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution - Kakutou Shinseiki II Tournament Opening Trailer

I know that Ogi, Creed, and myself kept a lot of videos but all of us suffered hard drive crashes and pretty much lost everything from the VF4-FT era. I guess Ogi uploaded whatever he had to his channel, and Creed lost absolutely everything (which sucks!). I'll see what else I can find (I have random KSII qualifying matches and some other assorted stuff but it's low quality) and upload it. Hopefully I can get more as there is some really awesome older VF stuff that Sega and then arcades put out video wise.

11. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

Chinese government has youtube blocked, so i cant upload any atm unless there's some way around it.

12. EmpNovA

Can you put stuff up on Rapidshare/Yousendit or give it someone via IRC?

What kind of VF4 era stuff do you have?

I just found my EVO2004 DVDs including the VF4 one.

BTW does anyone have the EVO2003 VF matches?

13. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

14. EmpNovA

15. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    BK, I'm amazed you still have this but was wondering if you had any of my other evo2003 vids as well? I believe I had a couple against Ohsu's Brad and Neotower's Jacky. I've since lost all my old VF4 Evo vids due to HDD crashes.

While I'm at it, would you have any of my old vf4evo sydney matches?

16. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Nice video!! Please upload more if you can!!

17. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

hmm, yes i do remember having your brad vs ohsu's brad - and there was some freestyle camcording with acouple of neotower, chibita, ohsu's etc i dont know if i had those, i'll checkmy cds again. i think ryan said something about wanting to upload all his memory cards when i started this thread, i think mabye he has good bundle saved, of whom i dont know. - he can probably give em to jide or optimus next time he's down in london.

EVO sydney matches, that's oldskool:D - unfortunatley i left some cds back in UK when i travelled to china, so we'll see what i do have. - im pretty sure there used to be afew mirror hosts around back in those times.

it's funny i do have all this stuff, i just grabbed everything i watched back then -

18. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Have you tried this? http://vtunnel.com/

19. ironzen

ironzen Well-Known Member

hey BK, what part of china are you in? you should meet up with dobi. i know he's played you online. Great Firewall of China ftl.

20. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

these kind of sites have some problem with flash player, it either blocks the script or doesnt run it at all. - basically for national day, the government blocked alot of proxy servers, so- only few software programs will overcome it.

ironzen- seems WCG is located about 4 hours from me by bus, so mabye dobi and i will meet there. im in chongqing, i think he's in beijing - i havent had an xbox since may, so.. we'll see.