1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Just a Quick question on Damage.

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Ruffcoconut, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Ruffcoconut

Ruffcoconut Active Member

When i see movelists and it notes the damage it does, eg. 40 , does that mean 40% or 40 points of lifebar and if so how many pionts in a life bar?

Sorry about this. :)

2. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

well in a lifebar there is 200pts... and if it says 40 pts that's about 1/5th of the lifebar.

3. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Using normal settings, a lifebar is considered having 200 points.

The damage listed in the movelists are measured in points, not percentages. However, most movelists shows only the standard damage. In mCs or MCs the damage might vary, except for throws.

Btw, which throw by which character has the highest damage? *waits for CreeD*

4. Ruffcoconut

Ruffcoconut Active Member

Wolf has quite a few 80's in point damage.

Giant Swing, KS, Dragon and German and Dragon Suplex.

BTW what is the name of Wolf's Stone Cold Stunner like throw? the animation on that is wicked! like a slow mo very tight.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Sure, what the heck.

Yes, minor counters and major counters alter the damage. I don't know the formulae for VF4, so maybe just assume that minor counters do 25% more damage and major counters a maximum of 50% more. In VF3 the formula for major counter damage was different and they didn't do as much, but I've heard that things are back to VF2 strength.

As for the throw, it actually kinda depends. Wolf's giant swing takes an assload of damage, but no followups are possible. Jeffry's XPD does a lot, and there's a chance for a d/f+K stomp. Aoi's multiparts are escapable, but if you luck out and get all of it, a ground throw followup is probably guaranteed, and the total damage is quite high.

Then there are some exchange-type throws that do no damage and have 100% guaranteed followups (I'm only half sure on that 100% part).
    For example Shun Di can do d/f+P+G into a chouwan combo. And since Shun Di can get more and more damage as he gets drunker and drunker, it's very possible he could cause more than 50% damage with just one throw.