1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Just as I thought!

Discussion in 'General' started by Kruza, Jun 16, 2000.

1. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    I always had a knack of picking the weakest or most unpopular fighters to play with. Does ANYONE in here practice extensively with Leon or Helena?

And oh yeah... I agree with almost everyone that Gen-Fu and Jann Lee are tough bastards! /images/icons/smile.gif

Man... I haven't been here in a long while. Hey ice-9, you could've informed me that you were considering on putting up a message board for DOA2 through e-mail or something. I still play fighting games, you know! /images/icons/tongue.gif

Kruza

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I use Leon! Don't underestimate him. Leon is a powerhouse character. He's got huge air combos, high damage reversals, high damage throws, a super low sweep, and really annoying catch throw.

-Emil

3. TripleRaid

TripleRaid Active Member

Anonymous, I wish I chould use Leon better. I have a question. How do you do that punch with Leon where hits you up in the air? I know that's not much to go by. :(

TripleRaid
    Give me an e-mail at, crich200@gulftel.com

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: Movelists

Head on over to http://doaonline.fighters.net for extensive movelists for all the characters. The move you asked for is performed by qcb+P and is also the finisher in the PPdb+P string.

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

5. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Leon is my main character as well; I managed to dominate with him at my local arcade, but everyone here sucked (just like I do now after not playing for about 3 months). There are some cool combo movies for him at fighters.net.

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Heh heh, I wasn't sure how far I wanted to take this board. I mean, I love DOA2 and everything, but this *is* a VF site and I wasn't sure what type of feedback I'd get.

Myke (or was it peter? spotlite?) mentioned this in the other thread, but the cool thing about DOA2 is that once you understand the fundamental rocks papers scissors engine of the game, it is quite easy for a VFer to just jump in and play. I think that's part of the reason why so many of us are playing DOA2, as it is probably the closest fighting game to VF. Hopefully, DOA2 will keep us happy until VF4. /images/icons/wink.gif I mean, I'm still loving VF3tb, but where I am right now, there is simply no VF3tb competition. I don't think I've mastered VF3tb to the point where there's nothing more to learn, but I think I've reached that stage where what I am not able to do is what I don't know. That is, there are not that many obstacles left for me that I know of. Well...except maybe the ability to struggle and escape throw cancel with ease. /images/icons/shocked.gif

In any case, welcome to this part of the board Kruza! If you know any other DOA2 players interested in a little strategic conversation, invite them over! /images/icons/smile.gif

ice-9