1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Just got VF4 for PS2 today - I have played it all day!!!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Akhet, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Akhet

Akhet Member

I have never played a VF game, and i can honestly say i am amazed at the depth and balance. I have been working with Pai because i have read that she is manageable for beginners. Does this make sense to u guys. This game is addicting!!

2. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Well theres two ways to pick who you will master at VF. One you grab somone cause they look cool, LIke I did, first I played shun cause Drunken Master II is the greatest movie ever made and AM2 cause tons of stuff for shun off it. and then I choose to play Lei fei in vf4 cause well together the two are ever kung fu movie ever made. The other method is what the experts say to do. Play as everyone and choose who you are most comfortable with as the one you master

3. Nemesis02

Nemesis02 Well-Known Member

I used Pai in the beginning as well, and did pretty well with her. But i have stopped using her mostly, except to take down all my friends who suck -_-. Anyways, I'd recomend someone a little stronger like Vanessa. Granted she is not as quick, her strength is much higher than Pai and is capable of dealing deadly blows, and does holds for high and mid punches on her own, which will be an advantage for beginners. Or you could try jacky.....he's fast and strong. basically you can;t go wrong with any charcter

4. MrNeoSandman

MrNeoSandman Member

hehehe, Jedi Fei, I used to have the same sig a while back on the Gamefaqs board. Memories...

Yeah, i picked the game up because I remembered playing VF2 a few summers back in an arcade and having a blast. Everyone was so hypped up I had to have it I guess and it was worth it.

Yeah, I tried Shun Di first, I love Zui Quan er... Drunken Boxing. All this game needs is a capoeirista (capoeira dude yeah, I love that style, I'll learning it right now) and a tag team mode.

5. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Capoeira would be cool (more western styles in general would be nice), just as long it will be a good representation of the style and not some lame-o cheezy mash character like Eddie from Tekken...