1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Just how good are YOU? And how do you tell?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by tzgorr1, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Ok, first off, DLCs are not so complicated to do that we need to classify it as a ShinZ type dexterity required move. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Secondly, I don't know about you guys but when I press df+K+G, Akira does the animation on screen in about 10 nanoseconds. So, if you enter f+P right away, you'll be inputting the f+P during the animation of the df+K+G. You *don't* have to do it spaz-fast. It's fast, sure, but not lightning break speed.

So, you're both right. Now, let's move on, shall we?

2. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

Smurf, i don't have Evo so, could you answer me if that move's timing works like Sarah's FS [P]+[G] during [K]+[G] hit?

BTW, let's not get off-topic.

3. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Vale_Mesmo_Tudo said:

Smurf, i don't have Evo so, could you answer me if that move's timing works like Sarah's FS [P]+[G] during [K]+[G] hit?

BTW, let's not get off-topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't tell you since I only use Akira, sorry dude. Actually corrections, only Akira & Goh. A weak Goh at that. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Are you playing evo or standard vf4?I'm still playing the old vf4 so they may have slightly changed it I don't know.To be honest I don't really think about the motion or the timing any more I either go for it after yoho/shrm p or don't ,depends if I want to show off.

Oh and to kung fu smurf , yeah slow mo doesn't really help me that much now , though when I first started playing I used it to just get a 'feel' for the three part motion of the DLC ( a bit like SPoD ) .However I'd recomend put the onscreen frame rates data on in practice to any one starting to use Akira as you can see exactly the time and space you have to do moves like his SPoD and the infamous knee /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif.What's that move again?( JUST KIDDIN' /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

5. LM_Akira

D'oh your using vf4 right?I was busy typing didn't see all the new posts come up.

6. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

The timing for sarah's FL stance low kick throw is a bit weird...you hit the buttons RIGHT after her foot hits.

7. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

Shadow: i'm talking about the K+G leg throw. The one she lifts her leg up in the her, and lands it on the opponent's shoulder. It requires some timing, because smashing [P]+[G] doesn't seem to work... So i wanted to know if Evo's Akira [2_][6]+[P][P] was similar in some way.

8. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Vale_Mesmo_Tudo said:

Shadow: i'm talking about the K+G leg throw. The one she lifts her leg up in the her, and lands it on the opponent's shoulder. It requires some timing, because smashing [P]+[G] doesn't seem to work... So i wanted to know if Evo's Akira [2_][6]+[P][P] was similar in some way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Akira's Single Palm Eblow is not similar since it varies with distance since you hit [P] just before the palm hits. While from remember seeing of Sarah's throw doesn't vary in timing at all except consistant reaction of the throw.

9. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

In my experience you need to enter the elbow 16 or 17 frames after you execute the Sgpm. I think that the distance doesn't matter at all since the Sgpm's execution only lasts 2 frames anyway, hence the two frame window to input the elbow.

10. SpitFireX

SpitFireX Member

I'd say I'm somewhere between Beginner and Intermediate but very and I mean VERY! far from being a pro.

11. LM_Akira

Like it's mentioned above right before you see the kick come down and connect you go for the throw so it flows as seemingly one move.Aoi has one or two throws like this as well I think as do other characters.By the way this is completely off the thread topic...........or maybe it's not....... /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

12. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm jumping in here late, but seeing as I'm an honorary Japanese player...

[ QUOTE ]
    but there's no two ways to argue whether or not chibita is good. This is not up for debate by any sane and rational person

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. While I've seen Chibita lose some matches he should've won (with flying colors) the guy is amazing. I don't think anyone minds losing to him, and to boot, he's a super-nice guy with an adventuring sense of fashion.

Now, just my 2 cents and I'll let it go, as some people have said before, I'd say the JPN population is an advantage to learn, hands down - there's an arcade on every freakin' corner.

Finally, if this sheds any light on the subject, I sucked balls when Ver. A came out. I didnt' know how to throw escape (at all), I couldn't pull off Shun's Chowan (at all), didn't know what a sabaki was, or what a throw counterable move was. I started playing w/ a friend on our lunch breaks and we were equal competition. I asked the guys there how to do stuff, and we both got better. I made some friends in Shibuya, joined their team, started playing with them, A LOT, and got better.

I can now hang with guys that literally used to pound me into oblivion. I still take ass-beatings from time to time, but hey, that's the way it goes.

I can honestly say, I played A LOT against people that were way better than me, and I got better - no two ways around it. On the flipside, there are lots of guys here that have done the same routine, and are still pretty weak. Just depends.

Since I'm still in psuedo-hiatus, I figured I couldn't hang at all if I went up against anyone that wasn't a noob. I was playing a buddy in a not-so-major game center last week. His buddy came in w/ a 10-dan Kage, I was using my 3-dan Vanessa (you can tell what happeend at first). Whipped out my Shun, and I won a few and lost a few. Turns out the guy is on Heruru's team, so guess what comes out next - Lei Fei - Mosa. From what I remember of Heruru's Lei Fei, this guy was just as good. I Went 1:1 against him which I thought was quite a feat, and then he took off.

So, the point of the last part of the message, is there is a certain level of "having it/not having it" that plays a big roll in VF -- it's a lot like sex I suppose.

13. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Adventuring sense of fashion?
    You mean the guy has no fashion sense whatsoever and will generally wear anything as long as it kinda fits?

14. reggaemonk

reggaemonk Member

I think the card system for the arcade is a pretty true reflection of how good you are, provide that you don't cheat..like ask your friends to loose to you and make up the ranks.
    For me,I have played about 1400 matches, I was a 6th dan and had a winning percentage of around 50%. but recently, have drop to 3rd Dan cos not much practice. So i guess I'm a low intermediate player.
    The other top players in my arcade (United) all have a winning percentage of over 75%..yes they sometimes looses to me but overall, they are worthy of their title/10th dan. They switch game tactics, they hardly have a pattern, they are more compose when it comes to critical situations..such as going up/dropping down a DAN, all my fingers would go all wobbly and my Lei panicky..they would know when to punish you with the heaviest combo when you make a mistake, they would read your style of play, your habit and your weaknesses (which I have a lot).
    I have completed all the tourneys and training drills on the PS2 but it doesn't mean anything when I play the others in the arcade.
    So for myself, if I want to improve, I would need to beef up my mental strength and mind frame as well as familiarize with my tech stuff.
    /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

15. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    Fishie said:

Adventuring sense of fashion?
    You mean the guy has no fashion sense whatsoever and will generally wear anything as long as it kinda fits?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I hear fucking one more Chibita diss outta you... just one more........

16. GaijinPunch

It's not a diss --

Honestly, he doesn't really stick out here, as I've seen some of the craziest stuff, but he's not one for jeans and T-shirts.

17. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Dammit man, whats youre problem?
    Im stating simple fact.
    Ask anyone who has met the guy.

18. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey reggaemonk, can you give us an idea of what the HK scene is like? How many players with cards? How many players with 50%+, 70%+? Who are the top HK players--the same guys from VF3? You guys all play in Prince Edwards right?

19. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

I'm an unstoppable force of nature. Think earthquake. Hurricane. Fucking continental drift. Seen the vids of the guy doing stuff one handed? Amateur. I can SPoD with my tongue. Technically I guess then that's Stun Tongue of Doom. Or something. Kisses!

20. GaijinPunch

Plato... Aristotle... Socrates...? Morons!