1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Just starting a buzz for Evo '12

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by TheWorstPlayer, Jan 13, 2012.

1. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, me and the guyz and Overdose are looking to hold a virtuafighter tournament at the SRK Evolution tournament on the xbox360. How many of you are planning on attending the event or would if there was a VF5FS tournament being held there?

The plan is for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes and possibly a guaranteed pot as well. Let me know!

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    If we're talking EVO in Vegas, then yes, I will be there. I imagine Catherine will be as well.

3. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    it all depends on the prize [​IMG]

4. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi
    I'll definitely make an effort to show up. These events seem really exciting. A side tournament for VF will only make things better!

This summer is going to rule.

5. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

I could potentially be there this year : D.

6. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    The one you'll see me win, that is. [​IMG]

7. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    [​IMG]

8. TheWorstPlayer

Rock on, it depends on how much buzz we can build honestly. There may be a guaranteed pot, how much to be determined soon! A trailer will be put up probably in March so stay tuned!

With some luck (granted it may decrease my chances of owning you all) we may get FUUDO who will likely be there anyway and a few other Japanese participants. Lets see how this unfolds.

9. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I might be able to make it to it this year depending on what's up with school stuff. I'm going to try to make everything line up if we're going to have VF5FS there though.

10. TheWorstPlayer

Its not a matter of "if" it's a matter of in what fashion. I plan on grabbing a table, setting up a big ol toob, maybe even sticking up a few cardboard cutouts and making it look like something. We can have several "challenges" if peeps are up for it too!

It would be really awesome if some of our best reps showed up to rep the game. I'm playing for keeps myself but I plan to enjoy each and every game. I won't be doing this for SEGA, but to build hype for the game we love.