1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

K G-cancel info from 1/60

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Myke, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    http://www.dcn.ne.jp/~kazu68k/kg.html

1/60 sites has a snippet of info on [K][G] cancelling.

When you have +1 advantage, like after a [P] guarded for most characters, and you make your opponent do a fast evade with a [K][G], you'll recover fast enough to have a guaranteed throw against the fast evade.

This is made possible because fast evades are now slower by two frames, for a total of 19 frames.

What implications does this have? Well, if your opponent likes to ARE (yes, it's still possible in FT), then a [K][G] cancel perfectly foils it giving you a guaranteed throw against their fast evade. Previously, in Evo, a [K][G] would have guaranteed you nothing, and the AREing opponent would be free to attack. But keep in mind this is just a specific way of defeating ARE (+1 or more advantage, and fastest [K][G]).

If you scroll to the bottom of the 1/60 page linked above, you'll see some frame charts explaining what is happening, along with two movie links to show it in action.

2. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

interesting... this seems like it could be used all the time other than ARE. It sounds like a safer anti-evade than delaying an attack. But it also sounds like it gives a bigass advantage to chars with k~g cancels.

I wonder if this is intentional...

3. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Does it function for nonstandard kick cancels as well, like Vane's OS [6_][K][G]?

4. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Zero, I don't see why not. Looking at the table on the 1/60 site showing all characters [K] and [6_][K] (6_K), for Vanessa OS [6_][K] looks like it can work, although it doesn't show any frame data yet.

5. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    SiYkO said:

interesting... this seems like it could be used all the time other than ARE. It sounds like a safer anti-evade than delaying an attack. But it also sounds like it gives a bigass advantage to chars with k~g cancels.

I wonder if this is intentional...

[/ QUOTE ]

i read it all, am i missing some points?

A. isnt this supposed to be used against ARE and not as a sub? -- not sure how this works against disadvantage nitaku. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

B. just to declare, anti-evade approaches still need delayed attacking, it's the only thing which will punish ETEGers. besides, if everybody knows these proporties... ETEG will come into play much more...

C. to anyone... in goh's section, it mentions something about his standing K.. isnt this supossed to be about kick cancels? how will this work with goh? or is it not relevant to the subject? (ore no nihongo ga kihon dake da /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

6. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    BK__ said:

i read it all, am i missing some points?

A. isnt this supposed to be used against ARE and not as a sub? -- not sure how this works against disadvantage nitaku. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, this isn't just designed to be used against ARE. It broad terms, it's one method of beating a fast evade -- by baiting it and nabbing with a guaranteed throw. If your opponent is trying ARE (i.e. not entering throw escapes), then your chance of successful throw are 100%, otherwise if they're doing evading throw escapes you still have a chance that your throw will be escaped.

As for working against disadvantage nitaku, obviously it doesn't. If your opponent tries to attack when disadvantaged then you'll eat it, plain and simple. But if they try to throw when disadvantaged (as crazy as it sounds), then their throw will whiff due to your [K][G]. This is not the be all and end all of techniques, and doesn't give characters with [K][G] an 'unfair' advantage IMHO.

[ QUOTE ]
    B. just to declare, anti-evade approaches still need delayed attacking, it's the only thing which will punish ETEGers. besides, if everybody knows these proporties... ETEG will come into play much more...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right, and let's not forget half and full ciculars are still effective anti-evade tools.

[ QUOTE ]
    C. to anyone... in goh's section, it mentions something about his standing K.. isnt this supossed to be about kick cancels? how will this work with goh? or is it not relevant to the subject? (ore no nihongo ga kihon dake da /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

How will it work with Goh? It won't. He can't [G] cancel his [K]. You'll notice that while every character is listed in the table, some of them cannot cancel their standing kick.

7. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

Both videos were showing Akira's b,f+P...I thought that left you in disadvantage in FT? Is it still +1 on guard?

Edit: Nevermind, I just checked 1/60th.

8. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Just to add to Myke's post. The table doesn't seem to be complete since the table is mostly blank for some of the characters. The ones with blank spaces most likely means that they have not verified the frames for them yet.