1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kaeshi or riposte attacks.

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by CobiyukiOS, Jul 27, 2009.

1. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

In fencing, the riposte (French for retort) or kaeshi (返し, lit. repeatedly) is an offensive action with the intent of hitting one's opponent, made by the fencer who has just parried an attack. This was used in Soul Caliber, a lot, but this has its place in VF. In VF, A kaeshi is a hit made after a sucessful sabaki or inashi move before the opponent recovers.

Examples of riposte or kaeshi are from VF5 Ver C. Sorry but I still haven't played it.

Akira [4][P][+][K][+][G](SABAKI)[6][P] > Mid air combos can be made.
    Akira [1][P][+][K][+][G][P][+][K](SABAKI)[6][P]

Aoi [6][4][P](SABAKI)[P](HIT)[P][+][G]
    Aoi [2][3][6][P][+][K](SABAKI) > Stomach crumple combo, includes low throws
    Aoi [4][K][+][G](SABAKI) > Foot crumple combo
    Aoi From Tenshi inyou, against certain moves a kaeshi combo is possible.

Brad Ducking [P][+][K](SABAKI)[P], but Ducking [P][+][K] is +20 guaranteed, enough for the kaeshi to be a ground or even midair combo starter.
    No guaranteed Kaeshi for Eileen, but [4][6][K](SABAKI) leaves the opponent stumbling.

Elblaze's Tornado spin [P][+][K][+][G] is a sabaki, but the VFDC command list doesn't list advantage or which classes it parrys. Tornado Spin [P] has a 26 frame window, so I say it's a guaranteed Kaeshi. So maybe Tornado Spin [K](HIT)[P][+][G]
    Elblaze HCF[P](SABAKI)[P](HIT)[K] > Mid air combo

Goh [4][6][K](SABAKI) > Stomach crumple, includes low throws
    Goh [1][P][+][G](SABAKI) > Yoroidooshi combo
    Goh [P][+][K](SABAKI) > [P][K] at guaranteed. [P][+][K](SABAKI)[P][+][G] > Tsukami throw is possible, but not guarantted.
    This is the same case for [4][3][P][+][K](SABAKI), and thus [4][3][P][+][K](SABAKI)[6][P][+][G].

Jacky has no sabaki or inashi. Pak Sao [P] slams down though, but there's no chance for a kaeshi.

Jeffry has no sabaki or inashi as well. No kaeshi for Jeffry.

Kage [4][K](SABAKI)[K]
    Kage Jumonji [P][+][K](SABAKI) > Stomach crumple combo

Lau [4][6][P][+][G] sabaki, but there is no chance for kaeshi. A combo can be started, or at least, that's what the book says.

Lei [2][3][6][P][+][K](SABAKI) > Head Crumple combo
    Lei Nehan Shiki [P](SABAKI)[K]
    Lei Nehan Shiki [P][+][K](SABAKI)[P] but NOT the next [P], that's not a kaeshi.
    Lei Koko Shiki [P](SABAKI) > Head crumple combo

Lion [2][1][4][P](SABAKI) > Stomach crumple combo
    Lion Kanpo [P](SABAKI)[P]?

Pai [6][4][P](SABAKI)[P]
    Pai Bokutai [K][P](SABAKI) floats, but no guaranteed kaeshi is possible.

Sarah Fake (Flamingo or Step [P][+][K]) has a guarantted +35. Time to start a kaeshi (midair) combo!

Shun [1][P][+][K](SABAKI)[P]
    Shun SOU [P][+][K](SABAKI)[P]
    Shun BT SOU [P][+][K](SABAKI)[P] > Stomach crumple combo

Vane DS [4][6][K](SABAKI)[P]
    Vane DS [6][P][+][K] > Slam combo. Maybe a down kaeshi.
    Vane doesn't have any sabaki in OS stance, so no kaeshi.

Wolf can have a sucessful kaeshi when R.A.W. has a sucessful sabaki.

Happy riposting!

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    What's the point of this post? You made an analogy to sabaki with riposte or kaeshi, then proceed to regurgitate information already in the command lists? Want a medal?

It's like posting about the Uppercut and I don't know, maybe making an analogy to Boxing or something and talk about how an effective uppercut start down low, almost from a crouch position, and the momentum delivered in the punch begins in the legs, and so on.

Then go and list all characters that have an uppercut attack from crouch position ([​IMG][3][P])

You know, it's OK not to post sometimes (or even most of the time). Trust me on this one.

3. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

lmao. ouch

4. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12
    Sounds like someone should take their own advice. Be nice to the guy he took the time to make this gigantic post.

5. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Sorry, man. Gigantic posts that offer no new info are not necessary or welcome. The first post in this thread can be summed up to: "Look! I can relate a French word to a situation in VF". Funny that this post is coming from the same guy who used the term "surrender monkey" in reference to a french-speaking commentator.

6. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12
    You guys are ruthless. Ok so I actually read his post. So it is not new information I think that is in the command list on the site. Still he took the time and wanted to share his "discovery".

7. social_ruin

Myke,

I couldn't help but notice u haven't added kaeshi to the vf glossary yet.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    man, how often is that thing updated.
    [​IMG]

8. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Hey, Cobi, from now on maybe you should take the time that you use to make posts like these to write a PM to Kiuju instead.
    Sound's like he'll be really nice and appreciative about giving and receiving the attention.

9. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Kamais learned how to stop posting repeatedly (unless he's still in hospital or dead), Cobi probably will too. Once that's sorted, then we can start working on Feck.

10. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    No.

Two-week ban.

Imma write a long post about how to play VF underwater. It will be shocking, no doubt.

11. social_ruin

LMAO, priceless

12. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Really? I had thought that he had been banned full stop when his flood of posts suddenly stopped. Then he appeared briefly saying that he'd been in hospital, which made me doubt that he had been.

A temporary ban explains everything.

Only if someone throws a plugged in toaster in while you're researching the material for your post.

13. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Is that uppercut list going to come or isn't it?

14. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Hell, I'm still waiting for Subaki to get added to the glossary.

15. Kiuju

Kiuju Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JOHNNYDANGE12
    Oh. So he has a history of long post that I don't know about. I have been gone from here for years. Interesting.

16. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Why exactly isn't this thread officially closed yet.

17. Sclera

Sclera Member

fascism

18. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

erraticism

19. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE