1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage Basics

Discussion in 'Kage' started by ice-9, Nov 7, 2001.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

That's kind of cute... a good f+K+G combo for kage is f+K+G -> P -> f+K+G -> ub+K+G (or df+K, or f,d,df+P).

You can do these f+K+G combos after the jumonji sidekick reversal.

2. Macu

Macu New Member

Nice info /versus/images/icons/cool.gif

3. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

errm.. hey,........ are u my evil twin? /versus/images/icons/ooo.gif

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

God help us.

/versus/images/icons/ooo.gif /versus/images/icons/confused.gif /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif /versus/images/icons/mad.gif /versus/images/icons/shocked.gif /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. Hi i dont know if this haz already been posted or anything but if it wuz sorry, I hav a good combo 4 kage.
    first TFT ([4][P]+[G]) to [2][P]+[K]-[P]-[P]-[6][K]+[G]-[2][P]+[K],[K] hope it helps

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

That's kind of cool... not too much damage but it's interesting to see.
    You can also do, just for fun, d+P+K -> P -> P -> P -> f+K+G -> f,d,df+P.

7. Thanks another fun combo is [3]+[P]-[2][P]+[K],[K] or even [3][P]-[P],[P],[P],[4]/[7][K]

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Dunno if this combo has been discovered before or not. Credit goes to IMF for finding it, he got it in evo and tried it on version C, and it works.
    It's lei fei only for 85 pts, not too hard either.

TFT -> knee -> b+P -> P -> f+K+G -> dash'n'ground kick

you -don't- want to hold forward for the punch I find. It almost works on vanessa and I need to test it on sarah. But the f+K+G just gets one hit on them so far. Afaict it's lei only.

9. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Yep, knew of that combo and updated a while back in a TFT list. I initially discovered it as a more damaging combo vs Lion, before I used to the do the classic TFT - Knee - f+P - ub+K+G for 84pts.

Anyways it also works on Lion in Evo.

Againt Lion you can also do:
    TFT - Knee - P - b+P... instead, but this does not work on Lie..weird

10. ButtonMasher

ButtonMasher Active Member

easiest TFT for me would have to be: TFT, knee, f+p, u/b+k. works against lion, wolf, jacky, kage, jeffry,
    for akira try TFT, knee, p, f+p+k, u/b+k. both take about 80-85 damage. for little combos try: d/f+p,d+p, u/b+k. as you can see i like to do flip kicks, i have recieved complaints about this from my losers, ahem, i mean the people i play against at tournaments, any suggestions on how to use kages other stance effectivly? most common thing i do when i am in that stance is: p,k,k, roll out the way facing backwards, d+p+k, k, b,f+k, quite cheap and common, but i know nothing else, any suggestions?

11. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

well the best advice id say 4 ur kage is not to look to do the same thing as the thing about vf is the near infinite varibales, as in go for the combo/what ever thats best for that situation, also it helps if u dont pick kage all the time as u learn more of the other players strenths an weakness':)

12. ButtonMasher

can anyone tell me the best way to do the knee with kage on a joystick in Evo, used to do a crouch dash,f+k but i can't do it using the joystick

13. RandomHajile

that joy stick is shit! i cant evade down properly! anyways u cant buffer the knee as fast as b4(i think) but to tell u the truth i think kage is shit in evo! lau an jacky all the way:)

14. ButtonMasher

can't change characters now, i'm in too deep with kages moves, got to train with kage, at some point when the game comes out on ps2 i'll switch to goh, i agree the joystick is shit, i have to overcome this though

15. OffBrandNinja

OffBrandNinja Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say joystick is shit, just different handling. I just got mine about a week ago and I'm still working out the major quirks. [4][4] and [4][6] as well as [6][4] all still give me hell. The dragon punch is hella harder too. Still, I'll trade those for actually being able to do 270 and 180 moves. Other than that, yea, I have a lot of trouble with the knee too, but just go download a combo vid and watch the timing. My question is, what're some good moves to lead off with for Kage? I'm mostly using [2][P]+[K] or the evade attack but they're both getting hosed.

16. RandomHajile

we was talking about the arcade joy stick in the arcade in london

17. Raider

Raider Well-Known Member

I’m not sure if this has been posted before, anyway I found this combo that I tested on all characters, but I can only get it to work on Brad.

It takes a decent 73 pts of damage from a TFT.

[4][P][G] [2_][6_][K] [4][P][K] [4][P]

18. Snake_Eater

Snake_Eater Well-Known Member

Thanks for the guide! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif I needed this more than ever.

19. Raider

Raider Well-Known Member

[4][P][G] [2_][6_][K] [1]+[P][K][G] [2][P]+[K] [7][K]+[G]

TFT combo takes 77 pts of damage.
    I tested it on Lion and Goh so I guess it works on those weight classes, but I couldn’t make it to work on Akira.

20. Raider

Raider Well-Known Member

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I didn’t bother to make a new one.
    I was wondering if anybody has some strategies/ techniques regarding the [3][P] move.
    Which situations is it advised to use the move ect ect.
    Just to clarify I don’t need any combo advice or anything like that, I just want to learn more in-depth and advanced techniques for this move.

Thanks for any help.