1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage Basics

Discussion in 'Kage' started by ice-9, Nov 7, 2001.

1. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[3]+[P] works very well after a short backdash. In a lot of minor disadvantage situations [4][4][3]+[P] will beat elbows and other short ranged attacks along with all highs.

Good things to do [4][4][3]+[P] after:

any stagger wthout backdash
    [P] (guard/hit/MC)
    [2]+[P] (guard/hit/MC)
    [6]+[P] (guard/hit/MC)
    [K]+[G][P] (hit)
    [K]+[G] or [3]+[K] (MC) without backdash
    [4]+[K]+[G] (guard)
    [P][P] (guard/hit/MC)
    [P][P][4]+[P] (hit/MC)
    [9]+[K]+[G] (guard)
    after [6]+[P]+[G] is escaped

The best thing about [3]+[P] is that not only is it safe (-6), but it recovers crouching, so you can easily just fuzzy guard after it gets blocked. Also, you are in a great position to do reverse nitaku against throw/delay throw/delay attack with [2_][6]+[K] (thanks IMF).

2. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Dandy_J said:
    stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

doesnt it beat low punch at a disadvantage too without the backdash? ive only played a bit of kage but i never noticed that thing about how you can fuzzy after - how awesome

3. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

In certain situations yes, like in tactics advice where they tell you [6]+[P] (blocked) --> [3]+[P]. It doesn't beat [2]+[P] in every similar (-4) situation though. It beats [2]+[P] there because of range; Kage's elbow has a small pushback effect (along with a shitty hitbox) that creates some space between him and the opponent when it's blocked. Of course [3]+[P] has some distancing effect itself when he leans back, hence why it works well after a blocked [6]+[P] or a backdash.

4. Raider

Raider Well-Known Member

Thanks man, it was exactly this kind of information that I was looking for. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    I will be posting some media clips in the near future,
    If you see any situations where I should have used this move (or any other stuff) please leave a comment.