1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage combo that only works sometimes

Discussion in 'Kage' started by Redrum, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Redrum

Redrum Member

daioh_3-16taikosan11.zip
    in this vid the kage player pulls off [6]+[K]+[G], [2]+[P], [6]+[K]+[G],[6][2][3][P] but when i try it the [2]+[P] usually never connects what is the deal there

2. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

i think it depends on how [6][K]+[G] hits (at least i think so, don't really know if anyone would agree), anyways the reason i said so is coz sometimes opponents have a tendency to fall flat and bounce a bit lower than usual ( just theory) a real factor is the weight differential between characters (LW, MW, HW) so if you're not able to do this with jeffry it could just be because that he is a heavyweight, anyway i'll check this combo out thoroughly and give you more info about this combo. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

ok i think i figured it out, this combo is stance dependent (open/close stance) if my memory is correct open stance is when you see the two dueling characters back or front at the same time, while closed is when you see one characters back and the other characters front torso, anyway the way i see it i only connected [2][P] in closed stance, and didn't connect once with open, so i suggest if you want to do this combo you have to watch for the stance changes (from open to close stance) if you can watch for these then the chance is of [2][P] conecting will be greater, but beware there is a possiblity that the opponent may do an instant recovery or tech roll which results in the whole/part of the combo not connecting and leaving a door of opportunity for the opponent to strike back

that's about it, on further note that might be with/without relevance to this thread is that Pai has a similar move (actually the same [6][K]+[G]) and would mean that combos EXCLUDING [K][P] and [6][6][P][K] maybe stance dependent as well

4. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

The f+K+G - d+P isn't always stance dependant. For example if Kage blocks Akira's b,f,f+P+K he can do f+K+G - d+P - f+K+G - DP in closed stance AND f+K+G - d+P - ub+K+G in Open Stance. Generally though in closed stance you have the best chance of getting the d+P follow-ups. On another note if the f+K+G major counters in closed stance than you can do f+K+G - P - f+K+G - DP or ub+K+G on light characters.