1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

kage combos??? 100+ damage

Discussion in 'Kage' started by blackshadow, May 14, 2002.

1. blackshadow

blackshadow Well-Known Member

i need some help i need a good combo that can kick some ass preferable at least 75+ or 80+ damage i want these AI bastards to die

2. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

go look up Mo(uk-guy)'s Kage TFT combo FAQ; should be on Kage's VF4 page. you'll hardly get more than 84 points of damage for Kage from his TFT unless if you manage to TFT the opponent into a wall.

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

also don't forget the stance mid-kick reversal. It's even harder to set up than a ten foot toss, but it leads to an easy combo if it works and the total damage is over 100 pts I think.

4. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

doesn't stance mid kick reversal, stance dodge, DP-kick do about 80 points of damage? or maybe you had a different combo in mind, CreeD?

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    doesn't stance mid kick reversal, stance dodge, DP-kick do about 80 points of damage? or maybe you had a different combo in mind, CreeD?

After the midkick reversal, dash into range and P+K (hold P+K to exit stance) to stomach crumble the opponent, then df+K+G (or kickflip, or DP). If you've been keeping an eye on daioh movies, you'll see almost every Kage perform this staple combo after the reversal.

This, and other reversal combos, can be found in uk-guy's guide.

6. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Standard TFT combo near wall should be TFT - Knee - P - db+PPb+P - u+P or TFT - Knee - b+PK - u+P. You can substitue the stomp for a df+K+G.

High damage TFT combos that need wall and specific distance:
    TFT - Knee - P - b+P - Knee (Wall Hit) - DP or ub+K+G
    TFT - Knee - b+PK - f+K+G (Wall Hit) - ub+K+G

[JM] K reversal combos
    [JM] K reversal - G - uf+K+G - d+P - DP or b+PK (OS) If b+PK causes a wall hit than do DP or dfK+G otb
    [JM] K reversal - f,f (Jumonji running) - G - f+K+G - d+P - f+K+G - DP (CS)
    [JM] K reversal - [JM] f+K (Wall stagger) - [JM] K+G - G - df+K+G
    [JM] K reversal - G - df+K (Wall Stagger) - df+P - b+PK - df+K+G or u+P
    [JM] K reversal - G - b+PK (K causes wall stagger) - df+P - db+PPK - df+K+G

7. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

I saw TFT - Knee - b+PK - DP on Akira today on a Daioh movie. Haven't tested it yet but it may be the best damage TFT combo against Akira...

That white Daioh Kage is dark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who is he?

8. blackshadow

the tft is his 10 foot drop move right but wit out the extra part which slams em into the ground and wha the fuck is a dp? sorry im not really new i jus dont know the technical terms

9. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    uk-guy, yeah I saw that too and my eyes popped out, so I went and tried it, and yep, works fine! Finally an 80+ combo for fatass Akira!

blackshadow, if you're unsure of terms, look at the abbreviation guide or general FAQ under the VF4 section of this site. Just search (ctrl-F in most browsers) for the term once you've got the document open.

TFT = ten foot toss = b+P+G
    DP = dragon punch = f, d, df+P

10. blackshadow

thanx this'll help a lot and thanx for the terms

11. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Against Akira TFT - Knee - b+PK - DP takes 82pts

TFT - Knee - d+P+K - db+PKG - ub+K+G takes 83pts.

The first combo gives more scope to pressure the TR though, and you can back stagger a QR attempt with df+K

I know who the Kage is now, Kyasao's pal Wolfy, works with him at Electrobrain.

12. PokeSephiroth

PokeSephiroth Member

Here is one, its not a TFT combo tho...more of a wall hit combo...but its REALLY easy...it does 104 to 106 damage....in only 3 hits...
    here goes...

to check it out, go into free training mode.
    select Kage...then a dummy (i would prefer a light person like Aoi or Pai...Sarah...since i havent tried it out on Jeffry or Wolf..or any of the middle heavy weights...)
    any ways, when your in the fighting mode, go to the menu by pressing start, and select "CPU settings" and turn on the reaction thing to "counter"

now your ready...first, do 4 Forward dashes... (starting from the middle...you know, where every round starts)

then do a d/f + KG, then a regular kick, then another d/f + KG...thats for the 107 damage...the 109 damage, is similar, but you replace the last move (d/f + KG) with u/b + KG....TURDAAAAA!!! so...it should sound like this...

"Dash Dash Dash Dash, d/f + KG (wall hit), kick (wall hit...SOMETIMES), d/f + KG"

and there you go...a 107-109 damaging 3 hit combo!

13. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

ok just a question how would you set this up in a real battle? i mean it all sounds good but considering that [3][K]+[G] makes you turn your back on the opponent and can be blocked, no offense i see great possibility in this move i just expected it to have been tested at least in an actual CPU fight in kumite, and please do tell how effective it would be on different types of weight, thanks

14. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

really easy wall combo for damage

TFT - let opponent hit wall - b+PK - df+K+G = 100pts

15. KageMan2002

KageMan2002 Well-Known Member

Here's a simple one that does 118 damage! It's really simple! Here's how to do it- [P][P][P], then [2][K], after that do [2_][6][K], then if you're not at the edge of the ring do [2][K] again, finally, do kage's short range heavy down attack. Simple! when you try it at least once, come back here and tell me how it works

16. Guest

Guest Guest

First you do [P][P][P][4][K]to a the 10 foot toss combo.[[4][P]+[G][8][P]+[G]]I then when he lands and gets up do [4][6][P]+[G].That should add up to 79 damage points I think. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif