1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage dunce item removal explain in newb terms plz

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by dandaman_102, Apr 9, 2002.

1. dandaman_102

dandaman_102 New Member

im so mad about that frickin bunny i want it off now and can someone tell me what all the lingo is for example( TR/QR) and stuff

2. cka

cka Active Member

I thought it was throw reversals at first... /versus/images/icons/blush.gif

Just do 2x {the number of rounds you went with opponent} amount of tech rolls or quick rolls. (tech roll being P+K+G just as you land, and quick roll being up or down + P+K+G). So, if you fought Lau for 6 rounds (each won 2 in Kumite, plus the winning round), you'd need to do 12 tech/quick rolls to remove it.

(addition)

And a list of terminology (where I read about QR/TR) is at http://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&file=vf_abbreviations_glc.txt .

3. dandaman_102

dandaman_102 New Member

Hey man thanks alot so basically i just press the p+k+g 2 times for every round and i have to beat them?....

if you know any combos or good moves for kage could you tell me i really like him but i need to expand in the move department if i want to get past 2nd dan also is there any levels after dan if so what are they......

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

TR == tech roll == d+P+K+G or u+P+K+G just as you touch down to get up quickly. tapping down rolls you out of the screen. tapping up rolls you into the screen.

QR == quick rise == P+K+G just as you touch down to get up quickly. If you land on your back, this results in a kip up. If you land face down the character rises in place.

You have to QR/TR 2 *times* the number of rounds in the fight. If you win in 3 rounds straight you would need to QR/TR 6 times to fulfill the requirement. If you win in 4 rounds, 8 times. In 5 rounds, 10 times. In truth, this is not that difficult to do.

There is a very good Kage Guide in the documents section. Go to the VFDC home page and click on Kage under the Virtua Fighter 4 section on the left hand side to find it. For combos, search the Junky's Jungle forum for "Kage"... Kage combos are some of the most researched and talked about in the game because of his TFT throw. You will be overwelmed at first by the volume of combos available...

Edit:
    Most of the good threads have already been highlighted in the above mentioned Kage section. Just scroll to the bottom of the screen. But you should still search for the "Friday night in Kani-spo" thread IMO. uk-guy was in Japan with some of the other UK heavies and provided a lot of juicy info on what the best Japanese players were up to at the time... I remember reading/commenting about some TFT combos where Kage turned around to hit the floater in the oposite direction of the throw.

5. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

Yupa wrote about TR and QR
    If you can't get the timing right for the TR, you can hold the stick up or down and tap the buttons altogether repeatedly when you are airborne or just falling or when you are pummelled with juggle moves /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Not an elegant way to do it as people playing next to you will know you are going to do a TR. Same with the QR, just don't hold the stick.

I use this no brainer technique for TR and QR.