1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage: Final Tuned

Discussion in 'Kage' started by Myke, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    umm, the standard JM head crumble followup: JM [P][K] (hold [K]) [6][2][3][P]+[K]

2. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    The evidence is clear, and kbcat is seeing the light. People wants to win they pick Kage... Look at the people who converted to Kage: Ryan Hart, Imf, Myke, Ass-9, DandyJ, even SiYkO. Please snap out of this childhood fantasy of yours that VF is all about balance and yomi.. It's all about picking kage!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

you've gotta laugh at this, i can imagen so many people nodding their heads while reading it.. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

btw, i think ryan started using kage in EVO. i only remember his akira and jacky in VF4.

EDIT: i agree, wolfs knee is fine at -1, he still breaks elbow nitaku with MC, so theres no real problem *shrug* same situation as after an MC db+k imo. attack or low P cut.

3. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Well, Ryan's been a Kage player for a long while. VF3. Not sure on his experience with VF2, mind you. Same goes for Myke, Mr.Bungle, UKGuy, kbcat to a certain extent, and myself - all dedicated VF3 Kage players, some VF2 - however, I abandoned him in VF4.

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

4. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

[ QUOTE ]
    Myke said:

umm, the standard JM head crumble followup: JM [P][K] (hold [K]) [6][2][3][P]+[K]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I don't know why I havn't tried it... I guess it looked like he got into JM stance too late to have PK hit, but since I've never tried it I don't know for sure!

-Alex

5. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    supergolden said:

[ QUOTE ]
    Myke said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I don't know why I havn't tried it... I guess it looked like he got into JM stance too late to have PK hit, but since I've never tried it I don't know for sure!

-Alex

[/ QUOTE ]

I tired it out today and it works like a charm... damn the P+K is a slow move though. Thoughts on the best way to capitalize on the stagger when it's blocked?

kbcat

6. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    kbcat said:

I tired it out today and it works like a charm... damn the P+K is a slow move though. Thoughts on the best way to capitalize on the stagger when it's blocked?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall if the guard stagger in FT is strugglable or not since I rarely use it, but if it's like Evo (unstrugglable) then a JM [P][K] is guaranteed after the stagger.

If it's strugglable then the standard JM guessing games apply.

7. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Uppercut combo of doom

I just wanted to point out that having a kage player with an 80% ability to do the full kage uppercut combo as an opponent sucks. Kudos on Kbcat for nearly mastering this.

I am astonished at how slow the inputs actually are. cRaZy!

GE

8. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Re: Uppercut combo of doom

Sorry if I´m wrong and all, but how many hits of uppercut combo hits after [6][G]+[P] throw. All? If it does this is getting ridiculous...

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

You can duck the second hit.

GE, tell me about it. Danny has it at 75% as well! Grr, I'm maybe 10% now.

10. GodEater

[ QUOTE ]
    You can duck the second hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must mean on block. how can you duck the second hit if the first hits (and floats). The question posed was whether all four hits were guaranteed after the SE. I would say, barring float classes, it probably is.

GE

11. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

i figure it's like heavyweights on the evo uppercut-kick combo. ducking and crouching gives a smaller float, and the second hit will whiff. The same probably applies to all characters and the uppercut-p

12. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    SiYkO said:

i figure it's like heavyweights on the evo uppercut-kick combo. ducking and crouching gives a smaller float, and the second hit will whiff. The same probably applies to all characters and the uppercut-p

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, after GE left I stuck around for some more "training", and I noticed that if the opponent is crouching and the DP hits for a normal hit, the punch whiffs (i.e. second hit of the combo). However, if the opponent doesn't crouch after the SE the full combo hits.

Note: it would be nice to be able to play behind throw mind games but I believe they took away kage's behind throw on crouchers -- so I guess I would have to slam the opponent with a rising knee then if the duck the DP combo after an SE.

kbcat

13. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

ah no,..the idea is to get them to crouch, then back stagger em...kekekeke

Almost like saying to them

take a pick from

A) Dragon punch combo
    B)Back stagger

hohoho

14. GodEater

I understand I just don't consider it "ducking the second hit". Small nit pick but I don't think that's an accurate description.

and summers is right. The beauty of that is you get to set things up for back staggers. woo hoo.

GE

15. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The mind game is this:

- DPK is the standard follow-up. Guaranteed I think for heavyweights now, even if they crouch. However, opponents can turn around and TR/QR the K to be on advantage (don't think there are any guaranteed counters).

- DPPKK if the opponent does not crouch and turns around in anticipation of the above. All four hits connect.

- Or you can go for backstagger combos if you know they'll crouch from the above, but not much is guaranteed. Plus knee.

DPK is still the primary choice.

16. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    TFT combos:

1. [3][3][6][K] - [4][P][K] - [2][P]+[K][K] (82 pts)

2. [3][3][6][K] - [4][P][K] - [6][2][3][P]+[K] (82 pts)

3. [3][3][6][K] - [4][P][K] - [2][K]+[G] (80 pts)

4. [3][3][6][K] - [4][P] - [6][2][3][P]+[K][K] (79 pts)

5. [2][P]+[K] - [3][3][K] - [1][P][K][G] - [7][K]+[G] (77 pts)

6. [3][3][6][K] - [4][P][K] - [3][K] or B2 [4][6][K] (76 pts)

7. [3][3][6][K] - [6_][P] - [2][P]+[K] - [7][K]+[G] (76 pts)

8. [3][3][6][K] - [1][P][K][G] - [P] - [6][K]+[G] - B2 [4][6][K] (75 pts)

9. [2][P]+[K] - [4][P][K] - [6_][P] - [6][K]+[G] - B2 [4][6][K] (72 pts)

10. [3][3][6][K] - [P] - [6][K]+[G] - B2 [4][6][K] (71 pts)

Character/Combo list:

Aoi: 5 or 9
    Pai: 5 or 9
    Sarah: 1
    Vanessa: 3
    Goh: 4
    Brad: 3
    Lei: 3
    Kage: 3
    Shun: 4
    Lion: 3
    Lau: 2
    Jacky: 4
    Akira: 6 or 8
    Wolf: 7 or 10
    Jeffry: 7 or 10

Source: Arcadia 54 (Nov 2004)

(Edit: Against Wolf you can get:
    [3][3][6][K] - [P] - [P] - [6][K]+[G] - B2 [4][6][K] for more damage than combo 10, but still less than combo 7.)

17. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that TFT --> [2][P]+[K] --> [6][2][3][P]+[K][P][K][K] is not on their list. It does over 75 points, I'm sure, and it can be done on every character. I also know that TFT --> [2][P]+[K] --> [4]+[P] --> [6][2][3][P]+[K][P][K][K] is possible on Aoi and likely Pai. I've managed to get the first 3 hits of the dragon punch combo but failed to get the final kick to come out. Both of these combos do a whack of damage provided you can pull off the DPoD (Damn Canadians, eh?). /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

18. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    TFT ~ [2][P]+[K] ~ DP Combo (DPC) does crap all for damage because of the scaling. I'm not surprised not to see it listed as a max damage combo for any character.

While I'm on the DPC, I might as well post a few interesting things when against the wall. If you have the distance right, then you can RO over a short wall with the 3 or 4 hits. If it doesn't RO, or it's a high wall, then if you stop at the 3rd hit you can land and combo again.

As you know, the key to big damage against a wall is to use fewer moves with the most damage possible since damage scaling is at a hefty 50%.

p.s. DPC > DPoD /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

19. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Myke said:
    p.s. DPC < DPoD /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

oops, let me fix that for you ^__^

20. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Here are some maniac combos for Kage in FT from the Orange Book.

BT [8][K] ~ BT [2][K]
    Open stance

BT [8][K] ~ BT [P][P][K]
    Closed stance

BT [8][K] ~ buffer back dash [6][6] ~ [9][K]+[G] (somersault kick)

BT [8][K] ~ BT [P][K][G] ~ [2][P] ~ [2_][6][K] or [6][K]+[G]
    Works on Lightweights, Lion, Shun and Lei. For Aoi and Vanessa you need a one-frame delay on the [2][P]. You can achieve this with the command [3][3][P]+[K]+[G].