1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage: Punch reversal follow-up?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Genie47, Oct 22, 2001.

1. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

I've been playing against the CPU to regain some feel in the game. I came to the CPU Kage. Well, he is pretty fancy is all his stuff. What came o me was a surprise. Dunno if it was possible in VF3 or if it is reflected in the combo FAQ.

Well, he basically does this. He reverses my punch so I end up on the ground. I didn't do any TR or anything and Kage does his dragon punch and heel kick of which both hit!

Humanly possible?

Chia Jin Ngee
    ...we live in the Age of Bacteria - Stephen Jay Gould

2. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

well not humanly possible in the real world, but it's believable in vf4. well chris(feixaq) indicated to me that any move that hits you toward the ground and if the legs popup from impact, it can be followed up (e.g. lion's d,f+pg followed up with f,f+k,k)

"How many people wanna kick some a$$!!?? i Do! i Do!..." Stroke 9

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hmm, to be honest, I haven't used Kage's b+P+K and db+P+K at all in my play, just because the risk/reward of throwing out a high or mid reversal isn't worth it... but yeah, if the punch reversal results in a kip-up animation, then I wouldn't be surprised if DP, df+K+G, d+P+KK or d+K+G are guaranteed followups...

Speaking of which, I still can't find a proper guaranteed followup to (JS) punch-autoreversal or (JS) P+K+G midkick-autoreversal. Although for the latter, it might be possible to do (JS) f,f,n+K... Myke, can you confirm?

[​IMG]