1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage Side Turned(ST) Game

Discussion in 'Kage' started by Ytpme_Secaps, May 26, 2015.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Sorry, let me clarify: Side Fuzzy with TE is the go-to defensive option when you're side turned because:
    • You instantly duck any high "unblockable"
    • You stand in time to guard any mid
    • You'll escape any Side Throw attempt
    When I replied "that's exactly how it works", I was referring to your statement:

Meaning, yes, if you read that your Side Turned opponent will [2][P] in anticpation of your [P][K][P], then using [3][K] for a Side CH reaps good reward for Lion. "That's exactly how it works" was in reference to your (correct) choice in this particular guessing game.

But(!) if your opponent knows how to Side Fuzzy TE, then neither your [P] nor [3][K] will work.

2. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Oh ok. I see. So how does one deal with Side fuzzy guard?

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just like defeating a regular fuzzy guard, you can try delaying your throw or use a catch throw (which are generally slower) if you have one.

Also, using a guard break with a slight delay, or using low attacks, are generally effective too since fuzzy guarding eventually ends in a standing guard.

Ytpme_Secaps likes this.
  4. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    Jason, you rock, thats it, u got it.

I have yet to deal with side fuzzy (though i prob wouldnt have realised it) ... i have a feeling we will start to see it more as we try to score these "unblockable" side turn highs.

5. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    And Myke, that side fuzzy throw esc. 2g~p~g is awesome thnx. I started using it at every negative. It cant beat throw past 3 but just for habit Ive been doin it anyway.

So if im side and disadv. , its abare(attack), evade, or side fuzzyTE

I see no reason for "normal" STE (side throw escape) anymore... am i making a mistake?

6. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

If you aren't at a threat of a side UB then there is no reason to sidefuzzy. So it's still good in most side situations.

Myke likes this.
  7. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    Well i still would want to fuzzy under throw from 0-3 , But im mostly doin it for muscle memory