1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage users please read..

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by koro128, Nov 1, 2001.

1. koro128

koro128 Well-Known Member

What moves do you guys most commonly use? I find that I may have limited myself to only moves that are useful IMO and left out the rest.
    Below are what i mostly use and hope that you can share what other useful moves you guys use. Please leave out fanciful but not very useful moves. Thanks!

1. b,b,K+G -> d,K
    most commonly used and to me is VERY useful and demoralizing.
    condition
    a. start of round
    b. anticipation of opponent dashing forward

1.1 b,b,K+G -> p -> d,K -> uppercut
    almost useless against opponents who can get up after the p. I I still use it randomly on unsuspecting victims.

2. u,f,K+G
    condition
    a. opponent recovering from a fall tries to sweep low or
    b. from a distance, opponent sweeps unsuccesully high/low
    IF successful ,
    follow with 1) d,P and uppercut or 2) u,b,K+G
    else,
    3) low Punch (1 to 3 times) followed by elbow or b,bK+G
    4) low Punch followed by throw
    5) flipkick if opponent tends to attack after the move (random)

3. ppp, b+k
    I must say this is an Extremely basic yet very useful move.
    condition.
    a. Opponent close to you and you successfully block it. If you launch ppp immediately, most likely it IS going to hit.
    A very practical usage is after a knee from either Wolf or Jeffery. Should work on Akira's knee as well.

Delay the b+K to trick opponent into launching attacks. Whether it hits or not, you will have opened up a bit of space and opponent will think twice before the next move.
    IF the b+K (backflip) fails, follow up with d,K+G on anticipation that he's going to throw (if he does, ur d,K+G will jackpot). Even if he tries an attack i would say you have 50/50 chance of hitting him with d,K+G. You missed if he moves back or block high.

4. TFT (throw)
    a. My most common and safest combo is TFT, knee and pp, b+p ,K
    b. TFT, b+p, K -> pp, b+p k

5. d,f + p (float)
    This will follow by d,P+K, K
    Used randomly.

6. b,b + P (backface) follow by P+K , K -> d+f K+G
    Can confuse opponent as this is not a common move used.

7. HCB or b,P+K+G
    This move is to open up space against very offensive oriented opponent and u're not confident playing too closely.

8. Attacking when both players are far away.
    a. running, K
    b. running, (stop) and df,K
    This two moves must be interchanged to confuse the opponent.

9. HCB, HCF, P+K+G
    condition
    a. Start of round
    b. getting away from opponents
    On start of round, execute HCB first. If u see opponents move towards you with an attack, immediately HCF, P+K+G. The disadvantage is both have equally chance if opponent falls and tech rolls and recover. If opponent does nothing when you HCB, recover and plan your next move.

10. d,f, K+G
    condition.
    accurate anticipation of opponent trying to get close to you, either by running or you sense he's going to run towards you.
    If you miss, it's bad news ,especially against wolf.

11. d+p -> elbow
    if elbow hits, either
    a. throw
    b. d, K+G
    c. b,bK+G

Of course there're many moves Kage has but i think these are the moves i use to ensure i stay competitive against tough opponents over here.

moves i use once in a blue moon.
    1) any move that ends with Falling Leave stance eg, d,P+K+G
    2) f,P+K, P+K (double chop)
    3) d,d, P+K+G (turn ard, low hand sweep)
    4) u,b, K+G (flip kick)
    5) pppk (recovery not fast enough)
    6) u,f , P+G (jumping on opponent and face slap)
    Use this to humilate but does have much success rate when i use

I have shared my experience as a VF3fer and VF4fer....... hope to see more Kage players share and exchange pointers.

thanks!

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.
    Has anyone mentioned the gap between your writing and your signature is getting bigger and bigger? It's like this now:

3. koro128

hee... I didnt know what i did, but definitely not on purpose.
    BTW , tell me no one uses Kage anymore :(

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

The best Kage player on the board (imo) cannot play VF4 because it's not everywhere in the US yet, so I think that's part of why you don't see any response yet. It's a shame.

5. koro128

Hope this thread will exist long enough for Kagers to post in the near future...
    Actually i thought a dedicated thread for each character's talk would be tidy and focused.
    I see Alantan trying to talk a lot on Lion but it's been on different threads.. just an opinion.

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Have you read these?

<a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=15978&page=&view=&sb=&o=>Kage Stuff</a> by uk-guy, which contains notes on his moves.

<a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=14322&page=&view=&sb=&o=>Kage's Elbow</a> by me, which has some notes on moves, stance, and combos.

7. koro128

Yup, i have read some of this posts but i think wat i'm looking for are exchange of pointers in the sense of moves which people use or dont use, and which they find useful and useless.

Some may argue that all moves are useful, depending on how you use them, but i feel even if you're an expert in some characters, you dun use more than 80% of the moves available.