1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage v Taka?

Discussion in 'Kage' started by cmase1989, Jul 14, 2015.

1. cmase1989

cmase1989 Well-Known Member

Just wondering what tools Kage has to deal with Taka? Anything Kage can do against Taka that he cant against the rest of the cast? thanks!

2. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    He can't fuzzy much so you can force him to deal with 2_3P/Throw often.

2_3P(CH) -> K+G -> dash -> PP4PK easy damaging combo

I dont think he can block PP4PK if the first P lands so you can use it as a punish

jimi Claymore likes this.
  3. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

Only on recovery CH (aka punish) PPPK is natural combo

4. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    Shippujin (SH) ppp is a natural combo on taka (meaning if the first one hits the rest are guaranteed)

This leaves opponent side turned, so you get a guaranteed side turn from an 11f "jab" good stuff !

This is one of (?) kage's "secret" taka tricks, it seems each character gets some string(s) that becomes a full natural combo when used agaisnt taka... this is Kage's

A possible setup for it could be... P,K~Shippu stance switch(P+K+G), p,p,p

even if the initial punch,kick gets blocked , by stance switching into shippujin you will only be at negative one(frame adv.) meaning your 11f shippu jab will win against evrything but taka's jab, 2p and backdash attack (headbutt)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  5. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    p.s. Kage's PK~shippu is very strong when adding in the fact that it also pulls back enough to make the opponents elbow and jab whiff...even low punch can whiff here.

So kage is at -1 (even tho people may "think" he is at -4) and gets a chance to whiff launch from the most "common" responses. All from a GUARDED punck kick... Ninja Abare!!!

6. cmase1989

cmase1989 Well-Known Member

thanks for the tips! another thing I've realized is that all of Takas rising attacks are punches so going into jumanji is a good way to beat people who use a lot of rising attacks

7. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

From face down, head toward position he attacks with his head and I'm pretty sure face down feet towards low results in a low slidekick. Unless he rolls to before he does them, then they are punches as usual. Those heads and slide are linear.

cmase1989 likes this.
  8. Kidvid711

Kidvid711 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
  9. VolcanoShed

VolcanoShed Member

Here's a nice little trick I found out about:

Kage's 44P+K pulls him back during the start-up which lets him dodge Taka's 4P+K, Taka's main launcher option in nitaku, while beating throw at the same time.

it definitely works at a disadvantage (I tested it and it works at -4 which is 2P normal/recovery hit, and even -7 which is 2P/6P counter hit), and it even works if Taka does the 4P+KP follow-up.

So, Kage can use 44P+K as a way to negate Taka's regular mid/throw nitaku and make him want to pick different options that have more reach, but are overall less rewarding for him than 4P+K.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022