1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kageo's Movie Updates

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Chanchai, Nov 10, 2000.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Well, I'll use this thread as the update thread for whatever movies Kageo posts, as long as I see them (or someone sees them for that matter).

The previous two clips were taken down, and for the moment there is one clip on the site now.

Sam (Jacky) vs. Chibita (Lion)
    http://www.fsinet.or.jp/~kura/mpeg/sam_tibita.mpg

For those that are interested about the page they are listed:
    http://www.fsinet.or.jp/~kura/

Would anyone care to translate the comments of the matches when the site's updated?

-Chanchai

2. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

This was actually hard to translate....

http://www.fsinet.or.jp/~kura/mpeg/sam_tibita.mpg

2nd Beat-Tribe Cup Semi-Final Match

They're the 5th guys from each team (this is 5on5 tournament). Representing each team's fate, the match went on to the final round. Sam is courageous enough to dish out elbow-spinkick (without acknowledging if elbow hit), which is a MUST when facing Chibita. But knowing all these, Chibita too unleashes his secret weapon against Sam, ZERO-distance uppercut, and Sam ends up in the air A LOT.

3. Chanchai

Wow, thanks a lot Shota/images/icons/smile.gif

Very much appreciated!

4. Chanchai

5. Chanchai

Update: tinpan_segaru

A new movie just put up.

This time it's Jacky vs. Wolf. Chimpanzee(?) vs. Se-Girl I think? Shota, would you mind doing another translation of the commentary (text, not referring to the screaming in the background)?

http://www.fsinet.or.jp/~kura/mpeg/tinpan_segaru.mpg

-Chanchai

6. Chanchai

Re: Update: tinpan_segaru

Sam vs. (I can't read Kanji/images/icons/tongue.gif)

Jacky vs. Akira match, goes to 5/images/icons/smile.gif

http://www.fsinet.or.jp/~kura2/mpeg/sam_dgo.mpg

And for those that missed it , Yami-Yodare (I think) vs. Chibita has been reposted. The Kage vs. Lion match from awhile ago. And if I'm not mistaken, when I first downloaded it, it was cutoff at the end and it was pretty close, but looking like Chibita was losing... Turns out, he does (unless I am again mistaken), but in a different way than I thought he would (not that it really mattered here).

http://www.fsinet.or.jp/~kura/mpeg/yami_tibita.mpg

7. Chanchai

Well, that one (yep, "that one") Japanese site updated again with more movies. I think these are both new, but I'm not sure. I also felt like adding in the translation, though it'll sound funky.

http://www.fsinet.or.jp/~kura/mpeg/sam_yamiyo.mpg
    (*prebetoraib*) cup final tournament "(*sam*) (JA) VS dark slaver (KA)" fighting gameÂÂi12MBÂÂj
    The stronghold of (*mistarparfect*) seems to have been thicker than that of the imagination. What> ‚·‚²‚¢‚ÃÂ‚Ä of this person
    The consideration of the gallery is made to think that runt Futoshi and (*sam*) to be "Do your best".

Hehe, interesting translation....

Pre-BeatTribe Final Tournament match (this is the second Beat-Tribe cup). Hmm, I'm surprised that Sugoitte wasn't translated, maybe it was done in bad grammer? Anyways, I guess the comment was similar to "what skill!" (admiration tone).

http://www.fsinet.or.jp/~kura2/mpeg/tinpan_sukeru.mpg
    "Ton Chin bread (JA) VS (KA) which can become empty" fighting founder bay area cup in Athens Ichikawa final one battle gameÂÂi18MBÂÂj
    It is a successive upsurge grand prix nomination work which I of gallery â€â€ÃƒÂ° yes â€ÂN have confidence and is recommended.
    The hall (especially, gas and K2) calls repeatedly to the Chin bread to which [it] appears with the bathrobe <"Kitashima" ( because it is just like)>.
    And, the highest piling going up was shown momentarily of the shout, the Chin bread was already "Still good-" in the situation of defeat Å m as anyone can see.

hehehe, I love the name translation job here!!!! I have an idea of what the translation was saying, but don't know if I want to actually put that down 'cause I'm still not sure... Not to mention how funky it looks.

Anyways, there you guys go.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

LoL, the translations are really funny :)
    Thanks for links and updates Chanchai...I enjoy watching them and I appreciate the effort made on your part :)

-sa

9. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

Well, that one (yep, "that one") Japanese site updated again with more movies. I think these are both new, but I'm not sure.

Chinpan vs. Skeleton one came out looong time ago, perhaps more than a year ago when you weren't even playing VF3! (well...at least not seriously).

10. Chanchai

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Chinpan vs. Skeleton one came out looong time ago, perhaps more than a year ago when you weren't even playing VF3! (well...at least not seriously).

<hr></blockquote>

BINGO!!! /images/icons/smile.gif

P.S. I'm honored that you read one of my "unorganized-stream of counsciousness-essays"/images/icons/tongue.gif

11. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

hey thanks a lot for these japanese clips - great players (duh). just one question: how did that kage player do all those rolls so damned fast!? and how did that other kage player do that strange dodging thing (that one on sarah's stage, against wolf)? hmmm, that was two questions... :)
    am i thick for asking these questions?

12. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

how did that kage player do all those rolls so damned fast!?

Shinsodan or Sonic roll.

how did that other kage player do that strange dodging thing (that one on sarah's stage, against wolf)?

A combination of dodges and b+E.

13. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

so even that hover-like dodging was done with e and b+e?

14. Chanchai

The Kage player was doing a lot of the following:

dodgelet (crouch dash(cd), dodge out of screen, cd, dodge out, cd, dodge out, etc). This technique is pretty easy, just wiggle the stick between d/f and d while pressing dodge/escape/evade (whatever you want to call the button) at the right time.

b+E, I'm sure you know what this is for Kage.

And for the funky backwards step, I'm guessing on this one, but I think he was tapping back and guard a lot in a specific pattern to get those interesting looking "sliding backwards" look. Maybe I'm wrong here, but that's what I'm pretty sure it is.

15. clopin

clopin Well-Known Member

dodgelet (crouch dash(cd), dodge out of screen, cd, dodge out, cd, dodge out, etc). This technique is pretty easy, just wiggle the
    stick between d/f and d while pressing dodge/escape/evade (whatever you want to call the button) at the right time.

<hr></blockquote>

not correct. dodglet has no CD in it, nor are you ever crouching within a dodglet. it is simply a escape-cancel escape (repeat). thus, you can be high throw out of it. fairly useless as a dodge, but can be used to get position on a downed opponent, such as getting out of potentially RO position, or in the case of the video, so you can do a long circular backwards dodge so you can continually go backwards w/o RO.

// clopin
    join #vfhome on the EFnet IRC network

16. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    dodglets

not correct. dodglet has no CD in it, nor are you ever crouching within a dodglet. it is simply a escape-cancel escape (repeat)

are you sure about that? Firstly, I don't think you can cancel one escape with another; the only thing you can cancel an escape with is a crouch dash.

Now I don't really remember what was being referred to in the movie, nor do I really care, but as I understand dodglets, these are just tiny E-CDs in the same direction. Easily performed by repeating df+E,d,df+E,d,df+E... ad infinitum.

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

17. clopin

clopin Well-Known Member

Re: dodglets

not correct. dodglet has no CD in it, nor are you ever crouching within a dodglet. it is simply a escape-cancel escape (repeat)

are you sure about that? Firstly, I don't think you can cancel one escape with another; the only thing you can cancel an escape
    with is a crouch dash.

Now I don't really remember what was being referred to in the movie, nor do I really care, but as I understand dodglets, these are
    just tiny E-CDs in the same direction. Easily performed by repeating df+E,d,df+E,d,df+E... ad infinitum.

<hr></blockquote>

positive. proof is in the fact that you can be high thrown out of it. also, you can cancel or interrupt an escape with almost anything, like an attack, throw/throw escape, CD, or another escape. that is what a true E-CD is- an interrupted escape (not fully executed) into a CD. you can perform it that way you mentioned above, but it can also be done simply by taping d+e,d+e... ad infinitum.

// clopin
    join #vfhome on the EFnet IRC network

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Hummm...

I disagree with you Clopin: I think it is impossible to interrupt an escape with another escape. You have to input a CDs inbetween. d+e, d+e, d+e, etc do not look like what a saw in the clip.

19. Chanchai

Alright, I don't know the frame stats or anything to debate the description Clopin is giving. I see what he's saying, but I have no basis or proof to agree or disagree with it... If there was a very puny frame window where one can't be thrown, would that disprove what Clopin's saying? Doesn't really matter.. The situation is unlikely, and simply put, you are more likely to get high thrown out of it anyways than not, whether a fram window exists or doesn't.

However, I just consider it a CD that's quickly interrupted with an escape. From standing, you cna do a CD and interrupt it with an escape the same way while it looks like it keeps high. OH well, does it really matter?!

As for the command input, it's a cheating way to do a CD but I believe a df is required. d+E, df, d+E, df, d+E, df, etc...

I don't believe a d+E, d+E works without delay.

20. Chanchai

On a side note, I believe I have to do a CD motion when I do a side-to-side shuffe. That's just E, CD, d E (or df E if you want a slight forward dodge). Done the way I am implying, you look like you shuffle in and out of the screen without any forward movement. Not only that, but you can't do E, d E. That's a delay. And you can't do E, df, d E either, unless I suck at doing it that way... You have to put a CD as far as I can tell.

Just more fuel to the fire.