1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kageo's Movie Updates

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Chanchai, Nov 10, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: dodglets

Return the stick to neutral after those d/f's?

-sa

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

nope, you don't have to (if you see me do a dodgelet, I'm just bouncing between d and d/f while hitting E in timing with the d and d/f's /images/icons/smile.gif

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

proof is in the fact that you can be high thrown out of it.

This doesn't prove that there's no CDing though, and it's obvious that you can be high thrown out of it merely from the fact that you're Eing. What comes after or before the E is not an issue.

also, you can cancel or interrupt an escape with almost anything, like an attack, throw/throw escape, CD, or another escape.

I agree that you can cancel an escape with what you mentioned, but you can't cancel with another escape.

I'm sitting with the DC in front of me, fooling around with various Eing. d+E,d+E is not doable without roughly 30 frames between each E. In otherwords, I'm not getting any cancel action. But with df+E, d, df+E I'm getting 7~8 frames between successive Es. Mad cancellage. The short amount of time spent between the two Es of a dodglet probably explains why you can't, or it's extremely hard to, crouch throw them.

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

4. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

you can't cancel E's in the way that you can cancel walking/running/dashing with anything except a CD. if i do E, ub+K+G, i have to wait for the E to finish. if i do E, b+P+G, i have to wait for the E to finish. if i do E, G, i can't guard anything till the E is over.

--
    "Plop."

5. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

you can't cancel E's in the way that you can cancel walking/running/dashing with anything except a CD

From that I'm assuming you're talking about cancelling during the E, with which I'll agree.

But I still say that you can cancel the recovery of an E with the things clopin mention, except of course another E. Taking the example of the E into Kickflip, you'll see that you don't have to wait for the E to recover before the Kickflip is executed. It comes out as soon as the movement of the E has finished. It's move-bang.. not move-wait-bang.

Compare that with trying to E twice, and you just can't do it without having to wait for the first E to recover.

Ascii'ly speaking:

<pre><font face=courier>

E, E:
    .___________._____._______|\
    | | | \
    | E | rec | E >
    |___________|_____|_______. /
    |/
    `

E, Kickflip:

.___________._____________|\
    | | \
    | E | Kickflip >
    |___________|_____________. /
    |/
    `
    </font></pre>

__
    m y k e

6. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

13th frame is the earliest time you can cancel E with a move.

For example, input a dodge and elbow in immediate sequence, you gotta wait 13 frames for elbow to come out after the dodge. So there are AT LEAST 13 frames of window where you can be thrown of the dodge. This, however, still has much better recovery time than the E by itself (how soon E by itself recovers, I forgot).

And no, one cannot cancel E with another E. Exceptions are those special dodges that the likes of Lion and Shun have. But they're probably considered as a move (rather than dodge) by the game engine.

I wonder if Clopin meant by the weird dodglets Aoi has. Wasn't it something like: (hold) d/f, E,E,E,E,E,E.....?

7. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

Oh well...I see that Myke got to the point before I did. With a picture too!

8. Mr. Bungle

so when can i expect the additions/corrections to the big list of vf formula and stats i directed you to?

9. Mr. Bungle

ah..i knew that. yes i did. mmhmm.

actually thanks to a translation by glc, i've got full stats on E'ing in vf3...

13 frames execution time, recovery time depends on character:
    jeff & wolf: 19 frames
    taka: 17 frames
    all other characters: 15 frames

(is this correct, shota?)

10. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

so when can i expect the additions/corrections to the big list of vf formula and stats i directed you to?

Shiiiit.....

If you can tell, I'm writing this message at midnight in my office. THEN I'm required to go drinking with my clients in about 30 mins....

Imagine having this every single f*cking day in the month of December.

Excuses, excuses...yes, I know that. But 15-hr work day and all these required alcohol are killing me...at least until it hits January.

11. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

i think aoi's dodglets was D/F+g,g,g,g,g........

not 100% sure tho

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

12. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

The "technique" is called rowing. It's not a dodglet (I'm beginning to hate this word), and is practically useless IMO, but I'd like to see clopin argue otherwise :) All you see is Aoi twitch, while crouched, in the df direction.

Other characters can twitch and move as well. For example, G-cancelling a standing kick repetitively results in your character boogeying across the dance floor. (Works only for those who can G-cancel a kick)

No practical use at all, but no harm in knowing about it.
    __
    m y k e

13. clopin

clopin Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

The "technique" is called rowing. It's not a dodglet (I'm beginning to hate this word), and is practically useless IMO, but I'd like to
    see clopin argue otherwise :) All you see is Aoi twitch, while crouched, in the df direction.

<hr></blockquote>

rowing, HA! you VOOM bitch!

*grumble* and i take back what i said about dodglet. i meant df+e,df+e,... and infinitum. so i guess that would be a e-cd where the cd recovery is cancelled into another e- i guess. not to say it can't be done, but i've never seen anyone low-thrown out of a "dodglet", ever.

BUT, i'd argue "rowing" does have some limited uses, just because i like arguing with my bitch from down-under, m y k e. just like "dodglet" has limited uses. the main advantage "rowing" has is that you remain crouching as you move forward. you use it similar to a cd situation. it's a variation, and it because ppl don't see it often, some opponents don't respond to it as quickly as a cd. typical usage for me is after a e-cd, tag along the rowing to move up further ahead without being exposed to a high throw. you can move pretty quickly, too, as long as you have the proper "rowing" rhythm. e-cd to rowing also is used in specific oki situtaions, notably after cd-throw.

// clopin
    join #vfhome on the EFnet IRC network