1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage's DP and Crouch Dash

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Chanchai, Jul 31, 2000.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Okay, as you can tell I'm just asking about whatever pops in my mind... anyways, perhaps its the way I buffer my CD, but if I CD-->P, then Kage does the DP. Not that that is a bad thing, I sometimes make good use of it, but was just curious if there is perhaps another definition of Kage's DP input that suits that... I guess perhaps Kage's DP is then, f,d,d/f+P and d/f, d, d/f+P?

Anyways, random messages ahoy/images/icons/tongue.gif

-Chanchai

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Rich and I has a similar discussion about this - I believe Dickson brought it up ages ago. Many have obtained Kage's DP from a similar CD motion. I personally, never got a hold of it - to crouch dash a DP, I've always done f,d,DF+P with a pause before tapping punch...works great after rising attacks.

But to answer your question: yes, a DP can be done this way. The DP has, I guess, a very lenient input and therefore results in a bunch of variations.

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>