1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage's f,f+P+K+G

Discussion in 'Kage' started by BMF, Apr 6, 2002.

1. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

I was just wondering what is the most damaging move or combo I can dish out after I block, or if possible evade Kage's catapult kick (f,f+P+K+G) with Akira.
    Thanks.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

probably m-shrm, P, m-shrm, m-dbpm?
    That's assuming that the angle of the float isn't super-weird.

If it's not too slow to do on reaction... QCB+P, dodge, b,f,f+PK can also hit, but that's only high damage in version B, in version C, it's good but not as good as the combo above.

One last thing to try is just a bodycheck by itself (b,f,f+PK). If it hits the opponent deep in the back and is a minor counter, the damage is pretty hefty.

3. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot CreeD. I'll try that out as soon as I can, but the thing is that I can never get the m-dbpm to hit in m-shrm, P, m-shrm, m-dbpm combo, it always comes out too late. Is there any trick to doing this combo or is it just that i'm not fast enough with the inputs?

Another question I have is that after I do QCB+P>BC I only get around 45 damage? I read somewhere on these boards that this combo can do 50%? I tried doing BC while holding f (b,f,F+PK) but it still does 45.

Any help would be appreciated.

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

re: the double palm combo... you need to be fast, and I think kage is about the heaviest character you can do it on, so you need to be EXTRA perfect on him. Practice it on pai or aoi for a bit, and if you can ever land it on them, work your way along to heavier characters.

As for the QCB+P combo, yeah, the damage in version C (playstation version) kinda sucks. In version B (US and some other arcades) it does about 50%, a little more if you do it just perfectly. You can see why it was fixed in version C.

5. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

Thanks again CreeD.

Yeah, 50% is a little much. Instead of the QCB+P>BC is it possible to do QCB+P>m-shrm>P>m-shrm>m-dbpm. If not, is there anything else that's really damaging and guaranteed after QCB+P? I usually just do the BC or b,f+P+K for around 50 points.

Sorry for going a little off topic.

6. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

for the Over-head dlplm into DBC ( d, d/b, b+p >> DBC) You should actually get around 70+ points if you do it right. Don't do the DBC immediately after the overhead-dlplm, delay it a bit and hit just before the opponent 'touches' the ground. That's how I do it.

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Yeah, according to the Damage Scaling Guide that Nutlog just put together, you get a bonus for hitting someone just before they touch the ground. Delay your bodycheck and you should be able to get the 70+ pts of damage.

After a tournament I went to in Toronto, we had the game on free play and did some testing. On ver B, you could definately get over half the life bar with this combo if you did the bodycheck after dodging... the dodging probably supplies the right amount of delay to get the big body check hit.

Re: the m-ShRam combo that Creed suggested
    Kage is probably too heavy for it to work on a minor counter... you need a major counter to get the whole combo out.

SPoD would also work after blocking the ff+P+K+G. Again you're looking at about 75 pts on minor counter.

8. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Yeah, according to the Damage Scaling Guide that Nutlog just put together, you get a bonus for hitting someone just before they touch the ground. Delay your bodycheck and you should be able to get the 70+ pts of damage.

<hr></blockquote>

The damage is rather obscene in verB. danny13 was pulling it everso often in the arcade that it put fear into verB Akira. Even though it does less in verC, the damage it inflicts is rather psychological.

9. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

i saw Dural do the same Akira bodycheck and did well over 60% of damage from a dodge (Dural countered a bodycheck from an Akira tho, while he was recovering from it). i dunno how strict the situation might be but its pretty strict cuz like u sed, i cant do more than 45 damage either. maybe its just dural who could do that /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

actually, in the vid you saw, dural MC-ed a charged [4][6][P]+[K], not a [4][6][6][P]+[K] (body check) yes dural is the only character who can take out about two thirds of your life at once with a bodycheck. and furthermore, that was on Ver. C of VF 4, not Evolution, I'm not even sure dural can still do that.

11. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Ahhh...looks like we got a little bit of the old blending in with a little bit of the new. Dural's b,f P is about the same in evo...you can easily get between half and 3/4 a lifebar from a counter hit. Incidentally, if you MC with Akira's DBC in the 10th anniversary edition on the american evo disk the damage is similarly obscene, if not worse...think instant death. Apparently the same was the case back in the VF1 days. All bodycheck, all the time!

12. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

hahahahha, i just tried it out. pretty super damaging -_- oh jeez that's.... interesting.