1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage's TFT and His Knee

Discussion in 'Kage' started by HuangSiKwan, May 18, 2002.

1. HuangSiKwan

HuangSiKwan Member

HEEEELP! I'm still trying to get these things straight. BMF helped me out with at least getting the knee in after the TFT, but is it me... after the knee (even w/o the TFT) I don't seem to hit the ground fast enough to try anything else. What am I doing wrong?

2. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Without doing a TFT first, you can't follow up, period. If you can't do anything after the TFT-knee, you're not doing the knee soon enough; look at trial training to get the right timing for heavy to midweight characters.

3. HuangSiKwan

HuangSiKwan Member

Thanks... I'll give it a shot

4. mindelixir

mindelixir Well-Known Member

buffer the crouch dash as soon as you let go of the body, then hit f+k as soon as kage starts to turn around and he'll crouch dash forward quicker than he should... and the knee will hit, to be followed by fillers, kickflips and other mean shit....

5. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

if the knee is too hard try using his back thrust kick. b k+g...

6. cka

cka Active Member

It's doable, and comboable. Here's how I buffer the Knee into the TFT: after doing the throw, start at forward, roll your thumb to down and back to forward and hit kick. If you do this right, Kage will crouch dash forward and launch with a knee. From there, juggle away.

7. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

gaishou's demeaning combo of the day for kage against lw...

tft, dp+k,dp+k,dp+k,dp+kk.....

8. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

TFT, d+P+K, P(G), d+P+K, P(G), d+P+K, K

slightly lower damage, slightly longer combo...