1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kakutou Shinseiki II (2) Live Webcast 2003.04.06

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Catch22, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

Was browsing though some old files and found this... something I totally forgot about!

I was just totally blown away when I watching this live in 2003. The energy of the tournament was just spot on. I've detailed the history of the video so you can read about it too and be transported back to '03.

https://youtu.be/_iasD6_qeX4

BLACKSTAR, Myke, Citrus and 2 others like this.
  2. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Blast from the past. Man i miss VF4 stepping system so much :/

3. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot.

4. jimi Claymore

jimi Claymore Well-Known Member

Thanks Catch, I love VF4 evo! :)

5. Catch22

Watching this video, I'm thinking about what happened to the other major VF4 players like Yoro Kage, Segaru, Heruru, Minami Akira, Joe, Kurita, Jin, ChofuKKSara, Arashi, Armadillo Ototo, Magnum, Kofu Megane, etc. I used to always be on www.am.sega.jp downloading matches.

I even curated the am.sega.jp Kukutou Shinseiki II website to some english. All the links work locally, and have all the related movies of not only Kakutou Shinseiki II, but all the qualifiers as well.

Check it out... Fuudo aka Hudo aka Hood @ KS2 as well as some VF4 heavyweights at a qualifier in the 2nd pic. Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 10.04.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 10.08.30 PM.jpg

jimi Claymore likes this.
  6. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Kurita plays brad now. He was amazin with van in vf4 n vf4e

7. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Brad ? You mean Taka ?

Jin is still around, still one of the best Kage, if not THE best.
    Same for Kofu, Magnum, Joe (Goh), Chofu, Herruru they still play
    The one I don't see much are Segaru adn Yoro

8. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I've seen Jin in some JP matches, not sure if he still plays FS but at least I think he used to. Chofu (assuming it's the same chofu) was at SCE a couple years back playing Taka. Pretty sure I've seen Heruru and Magnum playing FS too but very hard to say if they are still into the game.
    Kofu Megane was in the winning team of the last BTC.

9. Catch22

Good to know that some still are around. I just hope VF6 gets made soon so we can see more vitality in the VF scene.