1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

keeping momentum with brad

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Wynstonian, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Wynstonian

Wynstonian Member

I'm a noob Brad player who has a hard time keeping momentum up with Brad. Is there any one out there who can help me with this matter?

Can anybody name some good moves for pressuring opponents? Are there any vids that would demonstrate a good pressure strategy?

2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

3. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

You need to talk to or play against Shinn_Akira's Brad. He will show you the ways of the master... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

He's got the best Brad I've seen... He makes Brad seem like a super-character, his pressure game and the amount of momentum he builds is just deadly.

4. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I agree. This vid is a few months old and it shows his pressure flow. He's probably even better now.

5. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

6. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

There's plenty of stuff in the Brad section of the Dojo to get you started, such as vids, strats and even some move-specific tactics.
    Here's where you can find the most basic and useful Brad info:
    http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/doku.php?id=vf5:brad:black_book_strategy
    Good read, helped me out a lot.

In order to maintain the pressure and not totally lose your momentum, make sure you use moves that don't leave you at a big disadvantage.
    Throw out Brad's big knee /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif only when your instinct tells you that it's going to connect. How will you know? It will come with time, it's a big risk move but it yields big reward. Make sure to throw it out every once in while to keep your opponent on their toes. If it isn't working stop using it for a few matches and then when you see them coming in to attack and they least expect do it or backdash and then do it.

Try to learn about your character's frame data.
    http://virtuafighter.com/commands/index.php?ver=5c&chara=brad
    This will help you to know what moves leave you in either bad or fair disadvantage.

Besides /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif Brad only has 4 moves that leave him at advantage on block:
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif +1
    Slip Left /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif +5
    Phase Turn /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif +3
    backturned /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif +1

It's also good to try to implement these moves
    Phase Turn /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif on block is only -1
    Slip Right /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -1
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -1
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -3 /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbs_up.gif

Add delays and cancels to Brad's strings (cancel into throws or other moves), make sure to use one of Brad's best throws /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and you'll be on the right path to wreaking Muay Thai havoc.

7. Wynstonian

Wynstonian Member

Thanks fellas that was real helpful information. and Tony big shout out to you because your also a fellow Brad player. Does Shinn_Akira have a gamertag on XBL? If so i would definetly like to get some matches in with him so he can point out my mistakes. And Tony when you get a gamertag send me or i'll send you a friend request so we can also get some matches in. Once again thanks fellas. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbs_up.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

8. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator