1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

KI

Discussion in 'General' started by chucky, Feb 20, 2002.

1. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Soo I talked about KI with some other peps in here, are there any other who still play the game or did once atleast??

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I did
    I loved part one
    I hate part two.

The End.

3. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

Thought part one kicked butt. It was kind of fun, although very unrealistic, doing 20 hit+ combos.

Part two I did not enjoy as much. However, I still thought it was a great game. Graphics were good and all that.

KI mold, uh, I mean Gold = poop, IMO.

4. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

No doubt, KI fucking rocked, KI 2 was utter crap.

5. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Thats funny i loved em both =)

Hopefully the would make another for GameCube,err Rare

6. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

lol your the first one i met ever that liked KI 2 as well;)

7. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

i played and love both actually. i still play 2 from time to time. its actually in the original cabinet suprisingly......

8. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

w3rd! but it run on the same board, soo..

9. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Available for your home in 1995 ONLY on nintendo ultra 64!!/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

10. Murasame

Murasame Well-Known Member

KI2/G was great and I'm still out in the cold as to how it's worse than 1....

11. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

In just about any KI 2 sucked compared to KI, first of the visuals was actually worse done, the 'fatalitys' was tuned down like MK3 was after MK II, the soundtrack and soundeffects also sucked and finally the whole gameplay dident have the feel that the original KI had.

12. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

"KI2/G was great and I'm still out in the cold as to how it's worse than 1...."

Gameplay wise, me too. /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

Sure, the character designs were prolly picked from the deepest bowels of hell. (Tusk, blerch!)
    But the additions in gameplay were far from bad, and Gold for the N64 is IMO the best Killer Instinct, gameplay wise.

However, KI1 had this certain feel to it that none of the coming games in the series really had. I'm willing to go so far as to say that no other game had that certain atmosphere... The soundtrack, the graphics, the sounds. (ultraaa!! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif) It was all remarkably well done.

13. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

KI 2 sucked! end of story!

14. American_Pai

American_Pai Well-Known Member

The whole KI series went downhill after they removed Jago's Triple Windkick Dizzy Combo.

15. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

As I said every KI after the first one sucked.

16. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

I still say that KI2 sucked.

17. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

I liked KI 1 way better than 2, but KI 1 did need some touching up, especially with SabreWulf, and Riptor. At a certain distance they couldn't block moves that stretched out far to connect, IE Saberwulfs crouching FP or cinders double crossup torpedo. Eyedol had the same prob. Love the game though! LOTs! The dizzy combos ruled!

18. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Remember Eyedol's '3 fireballs combo' that even if you blocked, it would take about 10% of your livebar!!/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

19. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

Yeah, but he wouldn't gain any energy back from the foot stomp! What a rip! His infinate was hella ghey too.

20. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

chief thunder and cinder were my faves.....enk, i think i played you a bit on ki 1....at fun machine i think....