1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

KI

Discussion in 'General' started by chucky, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Murasame

Murasame Well-Known Member

Thunder and Cinder were the least popular (along with Riptor)... that's why they were dropped

2. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Alot at my arcade actually played Thunder, but the most part played Jago,Spinal and Combo, but no one ever played Cinder and hardly Riptor, but they still shouldent have been removed in Killer Instinct 2.

3. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

Yeah I've played you in KI at FM. I've played you at just about all of the Orlando Arcades that exssisted. Cept for maybe one Fun Machine in South Chase Plaza and crappy Florida Mall. I hardly went to either of those, but I've seen/played you at both Electric Circus's, Fun Factory, Tilt, and uhm, I can't think of anywhere else. Oh yeah there is the ever lusive Commander Ragtime arcade in downtown Orlando, but I think I've seen everyone playing there at one time or another. Sabrewulf, Jago and Riptor were my favorites, but I knew how to use everyone. Riptors dizzy combos looked badass.

4. SrWilson

SrWilson New Member

Well I have both KI and KI 2 and I do myself prefer 2 but KI 1 does rock too.
    I use Spinal , Fulgore, Jago and Tusk.

5. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

I still play KI 1 on the snes and play ki gold on the n64. Not quite good with the n64 controllers though. But I still remember almost all the combos for ki 1. Love both games although KI 1 was my favorite because the replay value was high for me since I had the xband. anyone still want to play KI 1 on snes and lives in the Kissimmee, orlando area, email me.

6. stompoutloud

I think it all depends on where you lived for popular characters. I lived in both Kissimmee and Fort Lauderdale (going to school at that time) when KI on the arcades were popular. And cinder was played a lot down in Fort L, while I didn't know too many people up here. Cinder's dizzy was move was awesome. I played everyone but I didn't like to use Chief Thunder. Partially because I hated his reach on the down FP, and I could never get that extra juggle hit with his air axe down special move right as the blue pheonix hit the oppoent. lol

7. stompoutloud

they should have kept all the players and added the new characters. That would have been awesome. But I love the graphics on ki2. I think the rendering was awesome. Just didn't like the repetative ultras on Ki2. And I missed getting up after being defeated. that was one of the key innovations of KI that was stripped on KI2.

8. stompoutloud

I still play the game, do you? You probably still know all the moves, but do you want to trade moves? Like cinder's dizzy hit, spinal's dizzy fireball, 80 with every character, ect.

9. stompoutloud

what I really liked about the KI series was it was one of the few games where button mashers could not win against a person who knew how to play the game. Made you feel that all the work put into learning the game was worth it. Also, I liked how in part 1 there was no throws, made the game fight close and not rely on throwing.

10. stompoutloud

I can't believe how they got rid of the humiliations on KI2. What were they thinking? I think Rare wanted to make a KI3 but since rare is a second party with Nintendo, they always want something that is Japan friendly. KI series is considered too dark for the japanese gamers. Well, I say screw them. I like KI the way it is. they should make a part 3.

11. stompoutloud

I wish Rockys brought back both games. it would be good retro gaming fun.

12. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

I am surprised how nobody mentioned Orchid; I used to have fun playing her. I don't remember many other charecters that I did good with. Jago, maybe?

13. Ellinas

Ellinas Well-Known Member

stompoutloud, I see that your posts are only a minute or 2 apart each. Please put it all in 1 post, don't make multiple posts when 1 will do fine, thanks.

Chucky has been banned from these boards for being uhh... disruptive I guess you could put it, so he won't be replying to you /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

I was really hyped about KI when it came out because of the combos and everything, but it only took 2 rentals or so on the snes for me to get totally bored of it. I find it's too defensive. Throws in KI2 was a step in the right direction IMO. Still, it was fun while it lasted.

14. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

ahh orchid........i've forgotten so much about that game......maybe in the future they will come out with compilations. the new systems have the power, why not? i'd love to see rockies get those. they already have a retro machine with like 25 old games.....who knows.

15. stompoutloud

sorry about that. Yeah, I used Orchid a lot. I really liked that character also. But I thought she was cheap. But so is Glacius delay morph to the other side then ender with fireball move. But oh well. I will cut down on the posts.

16. Enkindu

I remember this hot blonde woman who played with Chief Thunder.Gaishou may know whom I'm talking about. I forget her name now, but her face and body will always be remembered. She use to tell me how good I was and thought my Orchid laser saber combo was hot.

Wind kick motion+Mp, f+Qp, b+Qp, b+Fp, wind kick motion+Mp, f+Qp, b+Qp, b+Fp, wind kick motion+Mp, f+Qp, pause, wind kick motion+Fp, air juggle.

It was unbreakable til the finisher, but I could make it totally unbreakable by finishing with wind kick motion+Mp, instant air juggle.

17. gaishou

you all have gotten me thinking about ki now......./versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

18. Enkindu

my favorite KI1 Sabrewulf dizzy combo was, U/F+Mp-Fk, B+Mk, F+FK. The one I used the most was D/B+Fp, f+Mp, U/F+Fk. You land right next to them after the jump kick. Then as soon as you land you can do his howl while charging back , and after the howl finishes you can go into your big combo before they can break the dizzy.

19. gaishou

if anyone knows where a ki machine is lemme know. i know where there is a ki2, but no 1.....

20. stompoutloud

my favorite dizzy combo was with Cinder. I would do any combo and end it with the F, D, DF, FK ender. And as soon as the animation is going, I would charge back and when he flies up in the air, I would push forward and FP. Then when he came down, I would tap f, f+FP and it would hit and if it paused for a second, the opponent came up dizzy. My other favorite intimidation move to do is to use spinal and morph into the person and make the ender jump and do it in the air. some enders made the person juggle. I don't know of a KI 1 arcade anywhere. I wish I did. but I have it on snes. lol