1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kidvid711 LIveStream Event.

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by Kidvid711, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Kidvid711

Kidvid711 Well-Known Member

September 23, 2009 Wednesday

Up to 50 people can join the room at once. This would be your chance to either challenge me or watch me play. [​IMG]

I am only accepting East Coast(USA) Challengers on XBOX LIVE. Do to the fact that I am streaming both ways on xbox live and LiveStream.

Everyone can join the site but only East Coast players can play against me.

www.livestream.com/kidvid711

2. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    are you using a camera or doing some sort of direct feed?

Also is there a way to turn of the random music in your channel? No offense I find it annoying if it's sounds my ears don't like. Like I went in tonight and there was some kind of SF Dhalsim music playing. I left after 5 minutes just could take it anymore.

I checked out some of the archive stuff that's there... pretty cool everything gets archived like ustream and justin.tv.

thanks for sharing bro...

3. Kidvid711

Its a direct feed. I was just playing Random music from my xbox 360 which was recorded. I guess next time I turn off the music. Some people like it though. On Wednesday it would be LIVE event. So Prepare yourself and Challenge me. [​IMG]

4. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    what direct capture device are you using can you provide name, pic etc... thanks in advance!

5. Kidvid711

Easy Cap is the name of the device. I believe I would recommend PCI instead of USB because it is a bit frustration but I manage to get it working but it gets the job done. . Some people have a hard time making it work. I got it from amazon for about 20 bucks in total.

http://www.gizfever.com/images/EasyCap_USB_Audio-Video_Capture_Adaptor2.jpg

Its good for a cheap Card.

TWO MORE DAYS TILL THE EVENT STARTS!!!

6. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    oh damn I didn't even realize it was this weekend. LOL I would have probably missed it if I didn't read this.

7. Kidvid711

Yeah my first Post message says its September 23, 2009 Wednesday [​IMG] I'm not too sure about the time because I might have a few errands to attend to.

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    You are directstreaming at the same time you are playing online VF? o_O Must be some helluva connection..or two connections.

9. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    yeah that's what I'm trying to figure out. He must be splitting the signal. I really would love to invest in a HD cap card for PC, but there still a little to expensive just to use for capping game matches.

10. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

Hell yea for a HMDI capture card is like 250! i rather wait till the price goes down

11. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

Good stuff today!! GGs

12. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I had this running a bit when I was on lunch. What a cool thing you did. Hell, maybe it's still going on!

13. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Good stuff as usual Kidvid, I've always liked the idea of streaming from the beginning. Marly, your eileen was looking pretty solid, your dominance reminded me of when we fought a week ago lol, and Hazzerone use your main next time! Also, was watching Shang teaching you some kage tips, hope it bodes well for your future play Kidvid! [​IMG]

14. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'm pretty sure this is exactly what he's doing. With the cable he's using the video comes out from both the composite and s-video simultaneously. He directs one cable into the cap device for the purposes of streaming, and the other into this TV/monitor/whatever for playing.

For the audio, he's either playing in silence or he's splitting the audio as well (with separate cables) for the same purpose -- one for capping, one for playing.

Kidvid, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

15. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Myke its not the capturing I was interested in.. it was streaming the video to internet at the same time as playing VF.

Anyways, it was fun playing agianst you kidvid. Tell us when you are doing this again. I might try Sarah next time just to show Hazzerone Sarah vs Kage. [​IMG]

ps. Kidvid, my XBL-handle is manjimaruFIN. You can send me a friend invite as I forgot what yours were. And our connection was surprisingly playable.

16. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Livestream.com, justin.tv, and other similar "streaming" sites allow you to seemlessly capture, upload and stream. Check the individual websites if you really want to know more, but all the end user really needs is a video capture device and some software that'll take that video and upload it to the site accordingly.

17. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Heh... I was wondering how did he get the bandwidth..

18. Kidvid711

Your right, I am splitting one Audio and S-video. Composite looks too horrible for me to play on. I can't even see the words. At least with S-video, the words are readable.

The Bandwidth part.:
    Since I am only playing at East Coast USA and against East Coasters(USA) plus, lowering the quality of the video, the frame rate, and the sound. It only took about 1/3 of the connection rate while playing against other players. Good thing Virtua Fighter 5 has a Good networking.

My settings:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ono0-51UmPg

Its something like that but with S-video being split, and one audio being split.

Video:
    320x240 Resolution, 4:3 Aspect Ratio. Bit rate 150, Frame Rate: 18
    Audio:
    48kbps, mono. lowest quality

Another trick onto making it take less internet power is that my Computer is Wireless and my Xbox 360 is on Ethernet. If my computer was on Ethernet. That would really suck the game play...

I admit it was pretty fun and at the same time pretty unhealthy staying 8 hours challenging each player. I believe I would feel more comfortable playing with 100 percent of my bandwidth and uploading the video's at night.

My second idea towards it is having two internet connection. One DSL and another cable. So you guys can see a higher quality and a better performance, but I'm not going to do that heh.

19. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    thank you for sharing this.

20. Kidvid711

Hey I can do this again but with HDMI quality. I'm getting new stuff as this game comes out.