1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kikizo VF5 Video Interview.

Discussion in 'General' started by Adio, Jun 20, 2006.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

If there's no online connection VF5 won't run, even for Japanese arcades?

2. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that is the case.

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, that seems really rough. Not all arcades will have online connections, especially the ones located in rural areas. I wonder why Sega decided to change policy for VF5, because in VF4, the game definitely works without an online connection and I have played VF4 machines that were unconnected in Japan.

4. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I'm wondering if the VF5 setup showcased at E3 was connected online. I'm guessing it wasn't. /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I think we need to worry about the rental system if they implement it. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If Sega is using a rental system, they could have it that their software won't run unless your payed up. They could check if the machine is up to date via online. I'm praying this isn't what they're doing. /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Regarding the no net = VF5 won't work design portion...

Does that mean we won't be seeing 5 at the next SBO?

Coz I know for sure no net capabilities at SBO. haha

6. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    That's pretty harsh, because I remember an interview back around the time of the first location tests that one of the reasons AM2 wanted VF:TV was to connect rural and urban Japan through this system. If rural arcades need all this fancy stuff (which it seems it does) and aren't able to afford it, then what was the point of it all? You might as well spread it across the world, cuz it apparently won't work solely in Japan (wishful thinking /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif)

7. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Ladon said:

That's pretty harsh, because I remember an interview back around the time of the first location tests that one of the reasons AM2 wanted VF:TV was to connect rural and urban Japan through this system. If rural arcades need all this fancy stuff (which it seems it does) and aren't able to afford it, then what was the point of it all? You might as well spread it across the world, cuz it apparently won't work solely in Japan (wishful thinking /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

If they all have a broadband connection and pay a subscription fee (and VF4 pretty much FORCED every arcade in Japan to do just that), then their location within Japan doesn't matter.

8. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    [ QUOTE ]
    Zero-chan said:

If they all have a broadband connection and pay a subscription fee (and VF4 pretty much FORCED every arcade in Japan to do just that), then their location within Japan doesn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, didn't know that. Thanks