1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kindly avoid the bait

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Genie47, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

Flamewars are bound to die when nobody came for the war. My advice now to everyone is to avoid being baited. So the thread dies of a natural death.

Be strong and exercise mind over all else. Resist the urge from your fingers to type in anymore replies. It can be more fun to see how the thread goes but we will get tired. We will. Trust me. We will. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

2. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

Hey Chia, heard from Myke at all yet? It'd be cool if Myke was able to make your little VF tournament!!! I'd love to hear any of you Singaporeans post some impressions of him or the tournament itself... it's like a proxy for actually being there.

And besides, huge-ass tournament reports is VF tradition, dating back to MOAT 1!!

/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. Genie47

Met him Sat. Played a bit here and there. I don't know he can make it. Maybe Alan can help. Myke's got both our mobile numbers. Someone just entered the tournament again. We have 9 players. I guess there will be 2 pools for ease of management.

4. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

Genie,

kiat told me to tell you that he is joining the competition.

I do not have Myke's contact but he has ours and he knows of the competition. He will call us if he can make it. We did play some games with Myke.

I think overall I beat him more than he beat me. But this is still very preliminary as I guess Vanessa is not often seen in Australia, esp. a MT Vanessa. It is hard to beat Vanessa if you don't know about her delayed moves. But he improved a lot as we played more so hard to tell next time.

I think he played with most of the best players in Singapore that I know of (except Danny's Akira) like Kiat's Leifei, Zhifeng's shun, etc.

5. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

Oh shit! Kiat is joining!!! We are going to have a hard time with his Lei Fei.His full life back stagger combo is frightening!!!

I asked Myke already and he told me that he is going wakeboarding this Sat.Looks like he going to miss all the fun. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

6. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Still training at home huh? Never go school. Anyway does version c still inflicts full life damage? I really hope not. If not i'll just eat brownies this sat.

7. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Make that 2 of us eating brownies.
    You all got PS2 to train leh, I have only Fun Land.
    And Genie wants to record down the replays.....

8. Shundi_05

I will bring along some snacks so we won't get tired of brownies. Then it will be 3 of us eating brownies and snacks. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

9. kiat

kiat Member

i also want to eat brownie!
    i play 4 fun only becuz u all use mi as ba kah!

10. Shundi_05

So Sat will be the competition of all the ba kah_sss in Singapore. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

Kiat, ask Ron,Fabian & Eric to take part also. More people then more fun what.

Seems to me that there are alot other player I never see before but sadly only the regulars are joining the competition. Hi to whoever reading this post, don't have to be shy. Come join the competition and we will have fun. Just treat this as a learning experience and a chance to see all the VF4 hardcore_sss in Singapore. Just send your entries to genie47@fastmail.fm and change your life forever. Hope my words can influence all your guys out there. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

11. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    i also wan brownies...damn sian im blady stressed out by my projects... =~~

12. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Hey genie! I meet your partner David in the late vf2 competition today at bugis. He wants your contact number. Can i give it to him? I ask him to come down this sat to your house too. I also manage to convince him to buy a ps2 today which he did happily as he was feeding fifty cents after fifty cents like nobody's business. He was using wolf almost all the time and alll he does is drops kicks and giant swings. He use to own an arcade at bukit timah right? Maybe he can open another one for us again..

13. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

Danny,
    hmm.....sounds familiar...is he the one i played against?

14. Genie47

I have his contact. I will call him. Else, it is fine to give out my no. to him.

15. Genie47

Ron is indeed coming. Dunno if he wants to take part. Eric is working on the day. SLS is busiest on Sat. Dunno about Fabian. Then now the good news. All match replays are to save into whoever's memory card is on the PS2. At the end of the match I will copy all of them to mine. Someone at HWZ forums has an EMS adaptor but he failed to get it to work. SO I'm going to trouble shoot his and maybe transfer the replays into the PC.

Meanwhile, I can convert the replays into DivX format. I just got a BT878 video capture card. Tried it out just now. It accepts the PS2's S-VHS out. Sweet! Forget about the VCR I have, anyway my wife's soppy Korean, Japanese, Chinese love-triangle with triad boss's assassin's daughter-in-law's son shows are on it.

16. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Genie... more info on the BT878 card please? I might be in the market for a vidcap card...

17. Genie47

About the BT878A, yes that's what I have. They are cheap. Dirt cheap 'cus they are obsolete. The new-fangled ones have onboard hardware driven stuff and not software.

It is really a good buy when you consider yourself having a PC with greater than 500 MHz. WIth the new P4s and AthlonXPs, using software like , <a target="_blank" href=http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/tmpgenc.html> TMPEGEnc and <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dscaler.com> Dscaler</a>, it should be a breeze.

I get my help on how to capture the movie realtime from <a target="_blank" href=http://www.vcdhelp.com> vcdhelp</a>.

Not to be missed is <a target="_blank" href=http://nickyguides.digital-digest.com/index.htm> Nicky's Digital Solutions</a>.

Currently using the <a target="_blank" href=http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divxcodec4.html> Divx</a> 4.02 codec for direct capture as Divx. I think there a newer build version that is just released. Check out the article on Tom's Hardware on how fast the new CPUs do it. I think the Divx codec used was 4.11.

18. Genie47

I just called him. He has a new PS2 now /versus/images/icons/smile.gif BTW, Chris if you reading here. David was under our noses all the time. I think he has a shop in Bugis somewhere. That is what I heard from Eric. I think he is in some clothing business feeding the nice looking girls with all those fashions we love to see /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

19. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Genie,

Thanks for the info! I'll go look around to see if I can pick up a vidcap card sometime. I have VirtualDub and DivX 4.12, but I haven't played around with TMPEGEnc and DScaler yet... thanks for all the links!

Haha, David has resurfaced? Say "hi" to him for me, it's been a long time since I used to hang out at Country Funworld.

-- Chris