1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

KoF 2001

Discussion in 'General' started by SummAh, Nov 20, 2001.

1. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Bloody fun...
    back to the old roots where mind games easily outweighs silly silly strikers

Plus, the ability to stomp around with Daimon..phat~!

2. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

If only they would give Iori back his dp+K and bring back Vice and Mature...

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Aye..I miss that move as well..such a cool move
    the super was cool as well~!

But his new super --->cancel into another super is just fucking excellent...

4. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Yeah, Yami Sugi is beautiful! but I stopped playing after 99. K dash is cool but I hate those bloody Strikers!.

SNK, knowing they were going to die should have done another Dream Match like my personal favorite, KOF98 and brought back everyone (Where the hell was Mr Big in 98!). It's good that they've now given you the choice to have Strikers or not in 2001 but the gameplay is too far gone.

It started in 98, everyone was weakend damage wise and DM's were as common as special moves. An Orochi Nagi point blank meant nothing to a good combo.

Still, I have a love hate relationship with King Of Fighters. Even It becomes as shit as Pit Fighter (Remember that?) and they kill Iori Yagami, I'd still want it.

When are they going to upgrade the sprites?! People think Capcom are slow but SNK never upgraded their board from the MVS. Even now, it's still being used for 2001. When I look at Guilty Gear X it just makes me want to cry.

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Give 2001 a try Adio
    Like wise, I also hated the striker system implemented in 99 and esp 2000

but strikers in 2001 are kinda pointless really
    A)they don't do any damage at all
    B)players are reluctant to use strikers because it cost one super meter to use a striker...(note to all kof2000 fans, SUFFER U FUCKERS, now let's see how little brain power u got without strikers)

The game plays alot like 98, which also to me, is the best in the series...

Depending on the amount of characters u choose to use in a match, ur super meter gets limited as well...

Try it...it's just great fun...very fast..lotsa new things to do...and the best thing of all, no need to worry abt cheezy striker--->combo---->striker-----> super finish...

Great fun listening to KoF2000 fans bitching abt
    " fuck, why can't the striker hit...fuck, why is this 2001 system so cheap"