1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Korean VF4 movies mirror.

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by CreeD, Oct 20, 2001.

1. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Re: ftp://142.167.17.236

No, no. I meant the xfer rate (hey, I like that better than transfer) on my computer. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I get 2~3k/sec with anything I download. I recently cleared space on my hard drive, but it still downloads painfully slow.

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=orange>DOG</font color=orange>

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

The only tricks for transfer rate is to try one of those download accelerators. I find they don't do squat, but that could be me. Also, make sure nothing else is using bandwidth on your end like a constantly updating page with ads (although that would prolly slow it down by like .03% ...) ... obviously ditch napster or limewire or winmx if you have it searching for or uploading something.
    Try www.modemhelp.org, they sometimes have init strings (extra settings) that make sure your modem's working at its full potential.

Finally, I've heard that defragmenting your hard disk makes it able to write to disk a little faster. You should also delete temp. internet files as a matter of good habit.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

3. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

aawwwwwww! poor you!

Hmm. I used to be able to download 2 clips simultaneously at 90k/sec each from TBZone, now I can barely break 8k/sec. Bleh.

All this 'rich kids with fast connections moaning about a "slow" connection of ~10k/sec' is really irritating to people (like myself) who strive for a consistent 3k/sec, so save it PLEASE! /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Re: aawwwwwww! poor you!

Well, DSL in the US is a little bit cheaper on a monthly basis than in the UK. (I'm a regular reader of theregister.co.uk, where every 2-3 days, there'll be an article moaning about BT and stuff...)

[​IMG]

5. Buzzard2

Buzzard2 Well-Known Member

Why not just leave the last part blank, then it just goes through all of them for you? Or at least, that's what it should do...

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://anyrpg.topcities.com>Fighter's Destiny</A>, a Virtua Fighter RPG.

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

eh? are you saying that if you FTP somewhere using some program, it will test all 255 possibilities if you leave the last part blank?

or what?

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

7. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Er no, that won't work.

[​IMG]

8. Buzzard2

Buzzard2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, there are alot of things that DO do that, I don't use FTP though, so FTP programs might not.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://anyrpg.topcities.com>Fighter's Destiny</A>, a Virtua Fighter RPG.

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah, there are a lot of scripts out there that can scan all port 80s or port 23s of every IP on a whole class C... but... that's hardly the most convenient thing to do to look for VF4 files to download from a FTP server =P

[​IMG]