1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

KSVI Preliminary Qualifer - Tokyo (A)

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Jan 13, 2012.

By akai on Jan 13, 2012 at 12:34 AM
  1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    [​IMG] The Kakutou Shinseiki VI (KSVI) Preliminary Qualifiers will officially begin this weekend! A total of 53 tournaments will be held throughout Japan from January 14th, 2012 to March 4, 2012. Each weekend will have one preliminary qualifier tournament streamed live! For this weekend, they will broadcast the qualifier in Toyko (D5 spot in the KSVI 64-player Finals Bracket), January 14, 2012 at 2pm JST in the VF.TV Live Channel).

For additional information please check the Kakutou Shinseiki VI - March 2012 summary thread (The movie icon [​IMG] next to the Preliminary Qualifier tournaments are the events that will be streamed in the following weekends).

Update: Stream has ended and archive of the event is available below
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="560" height="345" id="utv52489" name="utv_n_777549"><param name="flashvars" value="loc=%2F&autoplay=false&vid=19751686&locale=en_US&hasticket=false&v3=1" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/viewer.swf" /><embed flashvars="loc=%2F&autoplay=false&vid=19751686&locale=en_US&hasticket=false&v3=1" width="560" height="345" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" id="utv52489" name="utv_n_777549" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/viewer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></object>​

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Jan 13, 2012.

1. akai
      akai
      First post updated with the archive video. There is an error in the bookmarks: the one after "2nd round" is mislabeled as "Quarterfinal" - it should be "3rd round (16 players)." No edit feature after making highlights. Unlike the previous archive videos, VF.TV Live started the video after the brackets were completed.

47 players participated in this qualifier. Enjoy!
    2. Dennis0201
      Dennis0201
      Thanks for the bookmark!
      I just check around 00:46:40, and it shows that Eileen's low sweep can duck Shun's K+G. That's what I asked you last night about. [​IMG]
    3. akai
      akai
      Ah, you were right. I wonder how many mid attacks that sweep can be used to evade...I assume only a subset of mid attacks that starts it's animation from high to mid.
    4. Shidosha
      Shidosha
      I Must admit:
      I enjoyed this - thanks for the post [​IMG]