1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kumita

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by EvilBowlOfCereal, Mar 11, 2002.

1. EvilBowlOfCereal

EvilBowlOfCereal Active Member

Ok Im sure I miss spelled the topic and second Im sure this has been talking about before but I couldn't really find anything that helped me.

I got my Copy of VF4 with a Jap PS2. Theres a mode called Kumita . Is this the mode where you earn items? I played that mode tell 67 wins with Jacky and I got nothing. After quitting a little box appeared saying something which I couldn't understand sense it being in Japanese. I also don't got a memory card yet because they are sold out everywhere in my area, hard to believe, isn't it? So here are my questions.

1.) How do I earn items?
    2.)How do I get access to them after I earn them?
    3.)Can you use them in vs or arcade mode?
    4.) Is a memory card required to earn any items at all?
    5.) Is there some site that has info on Kumita that's in english?

Thank you.

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

1) Different ways... you can steal items during mirror matches if you win. There are also items that you get for playing badly.

2) There's a character edit option from the menu.

3) Yep.

4) Most likely.

5) It's "kumite"
    Just search for "kumite" "item" "VFnet" "VF.net"
    and you'll find answers to all your questions. Do a little research on your own. You're not going to be able to take advantage of any of this without using a memory card, so don't worry about it for now...

There's a very recent thread with both the words "items" and "kumite" in the subject.