1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

L.A. Akira VF5 R arcade matches

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by L_A, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

KICK ASS cant wait to go back to Japan

2. YOSUKE

YOSUKE Well-Known Member

That's what I was supposed to write, dude.

I wonder why srider is in Japan? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

3. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    This might be obsolete information since we met only once and that was last May but Srider did mention that he was considering switching jobs and moving into the energy sector iirc. Regardless, glad to see he's still doing well, best wishes for 2009 /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

4. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    What an incredible photo! It's pure joy and good times. So awesome that you all get to meet up in Japan. Good friends and good games - that's the VF life, man. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

5. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Heya LA, good to see you having a fun time there. Is the yen/dollar exchange rate stinging you at all? Once it hit the 80s, I was pretty positive I wasn't going there for the holiday this year (especially since a major reason for me to go in December is to buy tons of stuff at Comic Market). Hopefully the dollar recovers by next August!

Where are you doing most your playing? Are you in the usual Shinjuku/Akiba hotspots, or heading out to other places for more variety?

(Finally sent that poster out to you, BTW. Sorry for the delay! Also, is you're still seeing Srider, can you ask him if he ever got his joystick parts?)

6. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Hey there, yeah the yen sucks right now for sure. I exchanged $3000 dollars a few months ago when it was still 97 yen to the dollar so it didnt affect me too much. As for the VFing, so far i've only played in shibuya high tech land and akiba club sega. Tonight i'm off to ikebukuro gigo for an open battle with itazan.

Thanks for the posters by the way. I'm looking forward to putting them up! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
    Will ask srider about the joystick parts next time I hang out with him.

7. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Oh snap, LA Akira repping LA to the fullest in that pic, that's what up. How's the comp looking out there so far?

8. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

It's random what you get but I jumped the gun and got you one with jeffry data on it. $5 if you want it but if not, i'm sure someone else will pick it up.
    [​IMG]

This is a blurry photo of the card. The artwork is alot sharper.

Many super strong players.

9. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    no way i'd complain.
    more over pai & jeffry are right next to eachother.
    HELL YES!

10. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    L_A, thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Yipfry, are you planning to go to Japan? If not, then why exactly do you want a Jeffry card? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Just curious!

11. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    my traveling conquest has just begun sir, i finally got out the house!
    and i intend to make a stop at good ol nihon soon enough!
    plus i see it as a collector's item

12. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Last night I met itazan and dave at an open battle at ikebukuro gigo. The open battle was from 7-10 and itazan told me he was gonna show up around 8 but I got there early to get my game on, since i'll be heading back in the land of hardly any VF in a few short weeks. The open battle started and for the first hour I was doing surprisingly well. I had a 10 game win streak on mixed rank players from 5th dan to tatsujin before losing to a lion player. Hopped back on when it came around to my turn, beat that guy off the machine and then had 4 more wins before losing to a jean player. I beat him the first game but he won the second (which I saved and linked in this post). I realized I dont know enough about jean for it to be a fair fight (move properties, throw escape directions, etc), so I decided to move to a different machine. Next, I challenged some jacky guy and won but then, someone comes to challenge me... and its that same jean guy. WTF?!?! He's following me around to get his revenge I guess. He beat me up once again and shortly after that all the strong players including itazan showed up and regulated the mere mortals.

Afterwards, Itazan, Dave and I went to go get some ramen and shortly after, called it a night. Was good fun and hope to do it again soon either this week or next.

VF5R L.A. Akira (SH) vs PANMEN (JN)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqQSpHimhFk

13. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    SOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!! >=O

14. ChiefGutti

ChiefGutti Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ChiefGutti
    XBL:
    ChiefGuttiWolf
    L.A. Akira:

Hey, man. Haven't met you before in person but will be joining you for regular VF practice sessions from Friday and onwards. I'll be staying at Shou's from Friday too. Anyway, looking forward to our arcade adventures.

15. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

I'll also be in Tokyo on Jan 17 and 18, and am planning to hang out with la while I'm there.

SF4 national tournament is on the 18th so I'll probably go to that, but there's also the KS5 qualifying tournament at Nishi Shinjuku the same day, but I think it's around 6pm.

16. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Yeah man, I was planning on meeting you and getting some practice sessions while we are here! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

New vid vs a fellow shun character using his sub.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3bMNZv2VaI

I also saved one getting beat down vs sancha akira. Will post that one when it shows up tomorrow.

17. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0TO9u750cE

vs a pai in akiba. I ranked up to 9th dan off this guy but not before he wall combo'd me a bunch. I didn't realize until after the first game how important it was to escape 3 vs pai near a wall.

18. lotrzyna

lotrzyna Well-Known Member

L.A. is there a slight chance that you are still in Japan and be there till march 2009 ?...
    Knock on the wood I will be "back" in Toukyou from 25th February for at least 2 months - hoping for much longer...
    Will be honoured if you or Reno or other vfdc members/famous japanese/non japanese players would like to have some vf games with me.
    Reno do you plan to visit Toukyou around these 2 months ? I will probably be in Oosaka for a weekend if I will find some cheap train or use hitch-hiking /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
    Brisal when do you plan to "come back" to Japan ?
    Also waned to ask - how do you organized all meetings with Itazan or Sryder? forum ? private e-mails/phones ? how do you find cheap arcades ?(I have one issue of arcadia but it doesn't have addresses) (my VF5R stats suggest I should play at as cheap arcades as possible :p ) - if those questions are too person maybe you could replay via PM ?

Any other info/tips considering cheap /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif life in Toukyou (where to buy food etc) or VF - WELCOME :)

One last question - how do you record fights ? I have a character card but do I need to have some account created on some www page ?

19. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

20. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

I will be in Japan the Last 2 weeks of April, Finalizing things now